CRFP Strategy Specialist
Location: United States, Georgia, Atlanta
Hotel: Corp Atlanta Ravinia, Three Ravinia Drive, Suite 100, 30346
Job number: 118742
Bringing True Hospitality to the world.
We want to welcome you to a world of bringing True Hospitality to everyone. When you join us at IHG®, you become part of our global family. A welcoming culture of warmth, honesty and a passion for providing True Hospitality.
We pride ourselves on letting your personality and passions shine, recognizing the individual contribution you make and supporting your ambition to learn and create your own career path. In making a difference to our guests and owners, colleagues and communities, every day is a chance to create great and unique experiences, in your own way.
With over 370,000 colleagues in nearly 100 countries sharing our values, there’s countless opportunities at your fingertips.
We’re growing; grow with us.
***Language requirement - candidate must be bilingual in English and Spanish or Portuguese***
Your Day to Day:
Role Summary –
The Corporate Travel Specialist/CRFP team’s primary responsibility is to respond to RFPs with accuracy and in a timely manner, to improve participating hotels' revenue performance. Each specialist will consult with a portfolio of hotels to support in preparation for and during the RFP process. The Corporate Travel Specialist is also expected to work with various business units to collect information needed to reply to the RFP and collaborate with members across the organization to handle more complex requests. Individuals on this team must be adept at using systems, analyzing data to provide performance insights, understanding and following standard operating procedures, managing multiple RFPs in various stages of the process, and thriving in a fast-paced environment with multiple stakeholders representing all lines of business. The ideal candidate will be a detail-oriented team player able to deliver extraordinary customer service via all channels of communication including telephone, email, and in person.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities – (Key Activities)
- The position requires an individual with proven customer support experience. Excellent communication skills are required, including superior phone contact handling skills and active listening.
- The incumbent must have strong customer orientation and adaptability, with the expertise to respond to different types of personalities appropriately, and the resilience to deal with occasional stressful or urgent situations.
- The ability to multi-task, prioritize and manage time effectively are essential for this role.
- Computer skills including ability to quickly learn and become proficient at new systems and processes, along with basic business office skills. etc. is important as negotiations occur across multiple systems.
- Ability to read and follow standard operating procedures.
- Ability to handle escalation protocol, tracking and meet or beat all defined SLAs.
- Ability to articulate and trouble shoot problems as well as facilitate conversations to resolve issues.
- Ability to foster collaboration amongst varies business units and pull together cross-functional teams to address non-standard / complex RFP responses.
- Ability to effectively use conflict resolution strategies to diffuse situations and work towards resolution.
What We Need From You:
Combination of relevant education and/or work-related experience.
3+ years of Customer Service experience required. Hospitality Industry experience is preferred but not required. Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Outlook, Word, PPT.
Capabilities, Technical Skills, Knowledge, and Application –
- Excellent computer skills including MS Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Ability to create queries and reports in Excel.
- Strong customer service, communication and interpersonal skills required, with the ability to effectively communicate with all levels of a business.
- Able to handle multiple tasks, and to plan, prioritize and organize effectively.
- A professional and positive attitude toward work and customer relationships and service. Self-starter, self-motivated and reliable work ethic.
- Commercially aware and results-oriented.
- Independent problem-solver who is able to effectively judge when to escalate for awareness and/or support.
- Team player who measures success collectively as well as personally.
- Flexibility in working hours required during peak periods.
What We Offer:
We’ll reward all your hard work with a great salary and benefits – including great room discount and superb training.
Join us and you’ll become part of the global IHG family – and like all families, all our individual team members share some winning characteristics. As a team, we work better together – we trust and support each other, we do the right thing, and we welcome different perspectives. You need to show us you care, that you notice the little things that make a difference to guests as well as always looking for ways to improve - click here to find out more about us.
At IHG Hotels & Resorts, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. IHG Hotels & Resorts provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to an individual's, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, marital or familial status, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. IHG is committed to promoting a culture of inclusion where everyone feels safe, respected, and valued. We seek talent from all backgrounds to join our teams and encourage our colleagues to bring their authentic and best selves to work.
Don't quite meet every single requirement, but still believe you'd be a great fit for the job? We'll never know unless you hit the 'Apply' button. Start your journey with us today.