Butcher - InterContinental Bahrain
Hotel Brand: InterContinental
Location: Bahrain, Manama
Hotel: Bahrain (BAHHA), King Faisal Highway, P.O. Box 777
Job number: 121613
We are looking for a skilled Butcher to provide high-quality meats and services to our guests.
If you'd like to embrace a wider world of experiences and opportunities, we'd like to welcome you to the world's most international luxury hotel brand.
Located in the business and leisure hub of the city, InterContinental® Bahrain offers its guests the perfect location from where to explore the exciting face of Manama. The hotel offers 304 spacious rooms including 4 club floors and 36 luxurious suites. Each room is designed to meet the needs and the expectations of the modern traveler. From sophisticated dining experiences to a taste of traditional romance, InterContinental® Bahrain offers its guest new tastes and unique gourmet treats. With a wide selection of dining options ranging from international, Italian, steakhouse and lounges, InterContinental® Bahrain promises to delight your palate.
A little taste of your day-to-day
Every day is different, but you’ll mostly be:
- Responsible for the correct and timely kitchen preparation for all butchery items
- Keep waste to a minimum and control food costs within forecasted cost ranges.
- Use raw materials rationally and make the best use of them.
- Conduct daily checks on the quality and freshness of products
- Ensure equipment, tools and kitchen cleanliness.
- Perform quality inspections on meats and other products.
- Ensure HACCP standards are implemented and follow the appropriate hygiene standards as per local health requirements at all times.
- Ensure safe and correct storage of meat, fish and equipment such as knives, meat cleavers
- Maintain a high standard of personal hygiene.
- Communicate with superiors on difficult issues, comments from guests or internal customers, and other relevant information.
What we need from you
- Previous Butcher experience
- Strong understanding of meat quality, cuts, and preparation.
- Ability to work in all areas of food production
- Ability to handle a multitude of tasks in an intense, ever-changing environment.
What you can expect from us
We give our people everything they need to succeed. From a competitive salary that rewards all your hard work to a wide range of benefits designed to help you live your best work life – including a full uniform, impressive room discounts and some of the best training in the business.
Our mission is to welcome everyone and create inclusive teams where we celebrate difference and encourage colleagues to bring their whole selves to work. IHG Hotels & Resorts provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability. We promote a culture of trust, support, and acceptance. Always welcoming different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives.
IHG gives every member of the team the room they need to belong, grow and make a difference in a collaborative environment. We know that to work well, we need to feel well – both inside and outside of work – and through our myWellbeing framework, we are committed to supporting wellbeing in your health, lifestyle, and workplace.
So, join us and you’ll become part of our ever-growing global family.
Don't quite meet every single requirement, but still believe you'd be a great fit for the job? We'll never know unless you hit the 'Apply' button. Start your journey with us today.