Busperson - The Willard InterContinental Washington
Hotel Brand: InterContinental
Location: United States, DC, Washington
Hotel: The Willard Washington D.C. (WASHA), 1401 Pennsylvania Ave Nw, 20004
Job number: R204005
As the world’s largest family of luxury hotels, we all take great pride in being genuine ambassadors of the InterContinental® brand. Shaped by decades of international know-how and local insights, our passion for luxury travel spans cultures and customs. Inspiring us to create warm and sophisticated experiences for those seeking a richer perspective on the world.
Each of our hotels cultivates a distinctive style and ambience where we embrace every opportunity to give our guests a personal and enriching experience. If you’d like to embrace a wider world of experiences and opportunities, we’d like to welcome you to the world’s most international luxury hotel brand.
The Willard InterContinental Washington, DC is one of the most iconic hotels in the Nation’s Capital. Since 1818, the Willard InterContinental Hotel has played host to the world’s social and political elite. Often referred to as the ‘Residence of Presidents’, The Willard has welcomed U.S. presidents, foreign dignitaries and celebrities, as well as has been the site of many historic moments in U.S. history. Located in the heart of the nation's capital on Pennsylvania Avenue, the Willard continues to be the hotel of choice for heads of state and leaders of the world's business, cultural, social and political sectors. The hotel's 335 well-appointed large guestrooms include 41 elegant suites. Dining options consist of the Cafe du Parc, a popular French bistro with seasonal outdoor seating, traditional Afternoon Tea in Peacock Alley, the classic Round Robin Bar and Private In-Room Dining. There is over 20,000 square feet of Conference and Banquet space and the hotel hosts events ranging from intimate meetings to luxurious weddings. The Willard InterContinental combines heritage, sustainability and luxury with contemporary comfort and the latest technology.Your day to day
Great restaurant memories come from many places. The sights, sounds, scents and, importantly, service. As a Restaurant Busperson, you’ll assist servers in providing fast and courteous service of food and beverage to guests by clearing and setting
tables and performing miscellaneous tasks. dishes.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform set-up and closing side work assignments such as make coffee, fold napkins,
- Stock service station or pantry with napkins, placemats, condiments, etc. May be required to transport linens to and from laundry.
- May routinely fill water glasses, serve non-alcoholic beverages, and assist servers by delivering items to guest tables.
- Clear, clean, and set tables according to established service standards.
- Clean and/or wipe down tables, chairs, walls, windows, mirror and floors of restaurant.
- Separate dirty china, glassware and silver and deliver to kitchen for cleaning.
- Perform other duties as assigned including but not limited to room service duties.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
Basic reading, writing and math skills.
This job requires ability to perform the following:
• Carrying or lifting items weighing up to 50 pounds
• Moving about the restaurant
• Handling food, objects; bus tray/tub, plates, glasses, utensils, etc.
• Bending, stooping, kneeling
• Communication skills are utilized a significant amount of time when interacting with guests, wait staff,
cooks, and supervisor.
• Alcohol awareness certification and/or food service permit or valid health/food handler card as required by
local or state government agency.
• Reading and writing abilities are utilized often to answer guest’s questions regarding the menu.
• Basic math skills are used when performing room service duties.
• May be required to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays.
We’ll reward all your hard work with a great salary and benefits – including a uniform, great room discount and superb training.
Join us and you’ll become part of the global IHG family – and like all families, all our individual team members share some winning characteristics. As a team, we work better together – we trust and support each other, we do the right thing and we welcome different perspectives. You need to show us you care, that you notice the little things that make a difference to guests as well as always looking for ways to improve - click here to find out more about us.
At IHG Hotels & Resorts, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. IHG Hotels & Resorts provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to an individual's, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, marital or familial status, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
IHG is committed to promoting a culture of inclusion where everyone feels safe, respected and valued. We seek talent from all backgrounds to join our teams, and encourage our colleagues to bring their authentic and best selves to work.
Not Applicable for Colorado Applicants
Don't quite meet every single requirement, but still believe you'd be a great fit for the job? We'll never know unless you hit the 'Apply' button. Start your journey with us today and let's #GoFurtherTogether.