Business Development Executive (Part-Time) - Crowne Plaza Hunter Valley
Hotel Brand: Crowne Plaza
Location: Australia, New South Wales, Lovedale
Job number: EMEAA21678
There’s nothing complicated about dealing with business people.They’re just people. Doing business.
By day, international marketing superhero. By night: fluffy bath robe and a box set.
Like Liz, who’s left her laptop cable in the cab. Or Mario, who’s secretly missing his cats. The early riser, who’s first in the gym. The sales team preparing for the ‘big pitch’ over a freshly prepared lunch. At Crowne Plaza Hotels and Resorts, we embrace the new world of business and understand that Modern business travellers want a hotel (and a hotel team) that understands and supports them, helping at every turn.
Whether travelling for business or pleasure, Crowne Plaza Hunter Valley is the perfect location for any occasion. Located in the heart of the Hunter Valley, just over two hours north of Sydney and offers premier resort accommodation with a scenic golf course, breathtaking vineyard views and great leisure facilities right on our door step.
Crowne Plaza Hunter Valley is looking for a Part-Time Business Development Executive.
Your day to day
Join us as a Business Development Executive, where you will manage Sales activities for select market segments including corporate and government accounts, Meeting groups and events for Corporate, Government and for social events in line with the hotel Sales and Marketing annual plan laid out to achieve or exceed Budget for the hotel.
Additionally, you will be responsible for monitoring competitors activities and assist in gathering market intelligence, selling to new, existing and prospective customers in line with the goals set, and converting existing prospective customers and preparing contracts for meetings and event business.
Based at Crowne Plaza Hunter Valley you will be proactive, independent and results driven. You will use your great communication skills to build relationships and drive revenue for the hotel.
What we need from you
For this vital role, we are looking for someone who has:
- Outstanding skills in quoting and successfully converting new and repeat business for events and groups for the Hotel
- The ability to grow B2B relationships in the local community
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- The ability to be responsible for both telephone and face to face communication to develop both new and already established business
- Sound knowledge of sales, events and administration
- Be focused and have a strong commitment to customer service
You must meet the legal rights to work in this country.
What we offer
- Become part of the global IHG family – opening a door to endless career opportunities, click here to find out more about us
- Free meal on shift
- Free onsite car parking
- Free rounds of golf at Crowne plaza Hunter Valley
- Crowne Plaza Hunter Valley Food & Beverage and Spa Discounts
- IHG Hotel Room discounts for all colleagues
- Training & development – we're passionate about growing our talent. We'll provide the training & development you need to succeed & progress into your next role
- As a team, we work better together – we trust and support each other, we do the right thing and we welcome different perspectives