Breakfast Chef - Holiday Inn Express Singapore Clarke Quay
Hotel Brand: Holiday Inn Express
Location: Singapore, Singapore
Hotel: Singapore Clarke Quay (SINCQ), 2 Magazine Road, 059573
Job number: 122771
YOUR DAY TO DAY
- Works with Finance team in the preparation and management of the Department’s budget
- Manpower planning and management needs
- Provides direction to the Kitchen helpers, including Cook, Kitchen Attendants and Stewards
- Communicates to his/her superior any difficulties, guest or internal customer comment and other relevant information
- Establishes and maintains effective employee working relationships
- Planning of menus; considers availability of raw food and ingredients, availability of skills required in preparing new menus, style and standards of hotels.
- Prepare meals for respective section and assist in all kitchen activities to ensure that guests receive high quality food items in a timely manner. Coordinate the smooth service in relation to the food top up and presentation.
- Attends and participates in daily briefings and other meetings as scheduled
- Manages and controls all kitchen orders
- Attends and participates in training sessions as scheduled
- Prepares in advance food, beverage, material and equipment needed for the service
- Cleans and re-sets his/her working area
- Implements the hotel and department regulations, policies and procedures including but not limited to:
- House Rules and Regulation
- Health and Safety
- Hygiene and Cleanliness
- Conducts shift briefings to ensure hotel activities and operational requirements are known
- Demonstrate Awareness of OH&S policies and procedures and ensure all procedures are conducted safely and within OH&S guidelines
- Be aware of duty of care and adhere to occupational, health and safety legislation, policies and procedures
- Be familar with property safety, first aid and fire and emergency procedures and operate equipment safely and sensibly
- Initiate action to correct a hazardous situation and notify supervisors of potential dangers
- Log security incidents and accidents in accordance with hotel requirements
What we need from you
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience as a Chef De Partie or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Obtained food service permit or valid health/food handler card as required by local government agency.
- Demonstrated ability to interact with customers, employees and third parties that reflects highly on the hotel, the brand and the Company.
- Possesses problem solving and training abilities.
Don't quite meet every single requirement, but still believe you'd be a great fit for the job? We'll never know unless you hit the 'Apply' button. Start your journey with us today.