Beverage Manager - Kimpton Vividora
Hotel Brand: Kimpton (outside the Americas)
Location: Spain, Barcelona, Barcelona
Job number: EMEAA20619
Not just in Barcelona’s famed Gothic Quarter, but of it, Kimpton Vividora Hotel fuses a sense of contemporary luxury with the dynamic culture and artistic spirit of this storied City Center neighborhood.
A relaxing escape and vibrant hub for locals and discerning travelers alike, our boutique hotel is a home away from home for those seeking to experience Barcelona as insiders.
The architecture and design of the spaces accentuate our historic surroundings while plush modern comforts, superlative service and standout amenities can be discovered around every corner.
Step outside our doors and the city’s exciting attractions and hidden gems are just a stone’s throw away, waiting to be explored.
In Kimpton you can:
- Be yourself: Who you are is who we are. So, bring the real you. The best and ever-improving version of you. Bring your background, your personality, your individuality, your creativity. It’s those just-you qualities that make it more personal for you, and our guests.
- Lead yourself: We support you, and you support we. We trust you to give it your all, take initiative, do right when no one’s watching, find creative new ways to delight guests and co-workers. We trust you to learn, grow and continually improve at whatever you do.
- Make it count: As long as we’re here, why not make lives better? Yours and our guests. We care for both, and we pursue every chance we can to create a ridiculously personal experience (aka. A Kimpton Moment) every day. That focus and passion gives our work meaning. What you do matters. You matter.
Working at Kimpton is not just about working. And it’s certainly not like working at other places. We value personality, individuality, creativity, doing right, continually improving, focus and passion.
Your day to day
What’s the job?
As Beverage Manager you will be a key member of the Food & Beverage team, responsible for proposing and executing beverage plans that promote revenue growth generation among key customer segments and support the hotel's brand positioning and image.
You will report to the Director of Food & Beverage.
- Support the Director of Food & Beverage in any required task.
- Manage beverage control including inventory, bar pars, costs controls, beverage potentials, mix of sales analysis for beverage, issue & returns and food standards.
- Implement agreed upon beverage policy and procedures throughout the property.
- Train staff on liquor control policies and procedures.
- Monitor adherence to all liquor control policies and procedures.
- Ensure Bar team provides excellent service and continually strives to exceed expectations.
- Ensure service and other standards according to SOPs are adhered to.
- Ensure cash handling procedures are followed and all stock items are managed.
- Ensure that the Bar team is continually trained in product knowledge, all menus and Hotel initiatives.
- Oversee the preparation and presentation of beverages to meet set standards.
- Oversee staff training and carry out on-the-job training where required.
What we need from you
- Bachelor’s degree in hospitality or any related field.
- 3+ years’ experience leading the Beverage offer in a boutique/luxury hotel or well known bar.
- Must be fluent in local languages and English, additional languages will be highly valuable.
- Oracle MICROS knowledge will be highly valuable.
- Proactive, positive, energetic, dynamic, emphatic, team-worker and with passion for service.
What we offer
- Competitive salary.
- Discounted international room rates.
- Employee recognition programmes.
- Training programmes and access to IHG’s training tool.