Bellperson (Full-Time) l InterContinental Miami Downtown
Hotel Brand: InterContinental Hotels
Location: United States, Florida, Miami
Hotel: InterContinental - Miami (MIAHA)
Job number: R206715
As the world's largest family of luxury hotels, we all take great pride in being genuine ambassadors of the InterContinental® brand. Shaped by decades of international know-how and local insights, our passion for luxury travel spans cultures and customs. Inspiring us to create warm and sophisticated experiences for those seeking a richer perspective on the world.
At InterContinental Hotels & Resorts® we want our guests to feel special, cosmopolitan and In the Know which means we need you to:
- Be charming by being approachable, having confidence and showing respect.
- Stay in the moment by understanding and anticipating guests’ needs, being attentive and taking ownership of getting things done.
- Make it memorable by being knowledgeable, sharing stories and showing your style to create moments that make people feel special.
A Shining Star Among Downtown Miami Hotels, the InterContinental Miami features the city's premier accommodations, convention, and meeting facilities. Overlooking sparkling Biscayne Bay, we provide a secure, inviting environment in a well-established area of the city. Priding ourselves on being ONE GREAT TEAM, sixth year in a row honored one of the TOP WORKPLACES of South Florida by the Sun Sentinel.
Your day to day
Assist incoming and outgoing guests in transporting luggage to and from guest rooms.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Promptly and safely transport luggage to and from guest rooms. May secure, tag and store luggage at guest’s request.
- Explain and promote hotel facilities, outlets, and services to guest and provide information to guests regarding local attractions and activities.
- Respond appropriately to guest complaints. Inform supervisor of major problems, complaints, disturbances or dissatisfied guests.
- Promote team work and quality service through daily communications and coordination with other departments.
- May regularly inspect and clear hotel entrance and surrounding areas of litter and debris.
- Perform other duties as assigned which may include but is not limited to accepting dry cleaning from guest and secure for pick up by dry cleaning company; delivering clean laundry or guest mail/messages, or sundry items to guest rooms, and responding to other special requests.
What we need from you
Qualifications and Requirements:
High School diploma or equivalent, plus some guest service experience or hotel experience preferred. Must speak fluent English. Other languages preferred.
This job requires ability to perform the following:
- Carrying, pushing, or lifting items weighing up to 100 pounds
- Moving about the public areas
- Handling objects such as luggage
- Bending, stooping, kneeling
- Communication skills are utilized a significant amount of time when interacting with clients, guests and employees.
- Reading and writing abilities are utilized often when completing departmental records/logs, reading road signs, etc..
- May be required to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays.
What we offer
In return we will give you a competitive financial and benefits package which may include healthcare support, dental, vision, disability and life insurance support, and a matching 401k plan. Hotel discounts worldwide are available as well as access to a wide variety of discount programs and the chance to work with a great team of people. Most importantly, we'll give you the room to be yourself.
IHG is an equal opportunity employer: Minorities/ Females/ Veterans/ Disabled
Don't quite meet every single requirement, but still believe you'd be a great fit for the job? We'll never know unless you hit the 'Apply' button. Start your journey with us today and let's #GoFurtherTogether.