Bartender at InterContinental Fujairah Resort
Hotel Brand: InterContinental
Location: United Arab Emirates, Fujairah
Hotel: Fujairah Resort (FJRAE), Al Aqah Beach, Dibba Road
Job number: 123112
As the world’s largest family of luxury hotels, we all take great pride in being genuine ambassadors of the InterContinental® brand. Shaped by decades of international know-how and local insights, our passion for luxury travel spans cultures and customs. Inspiring us to create warm and sophisticated experiences for those seeking a richer perspective on the world.
The InterContinental Fujairah Resort is situated on the shoreline of the exquisite Al Aqah Beach, beneath the spectacular backdrop of the Hajjar Mountains. An exceptional destination where Arabian hospitality meets luxury. With 190 rooms, indoor & outdoor event space, restaurants & bar. With over 30 languages and countries represented by the staff, the hotel weaves together an international five-star resort presence.
What's your passion? Whether you're into knitting, kite flying or karaoke, at IHG we're interested in YOU! We love people who apply the same amount of care and passion to their jobs as they do their hobbies - people who help us create great brands guests love. And we're looking for more people like this to join our dynamic & committed team at the InterContinental Fujairah Resort.
Your Day to Day:
After a big meeting far away from home, or a long wait for a delayed flight, is there anyone more welcoming than a smiling bartender? As the friendly face of our hotel bars, you’ll also be a helpful host, a local expert, and a proud brand ambassador. Whether you’re preparing drinks exactly as our guests want or serving them delicious food, you’ll be devoted to creating relaxing, memorable experiences.
Every day is different, but you’ll mostly be:
- Greet and welcome all guests and take beverage and food orders in a prompt and professional manner
- Be attentive to guest’s needs
- Creating a warm and welcome to everyone and setting the tone for each guest’s experience
- Prepare and serve drinks to high standards, and highlight promotions to guests
- Work with your restaurant colleagues to offer a seamless food service
- Set up your bar – stock up on all the supplies you’ll need, manage your inventory and make sure all your equipment works
- Change beer barrels
- Look after your bar – keep it clean and tidy and make sure the alcohol is always secure
- Handle cash and credit transactions
What We need from you:
- Minimum 1-2 years’ experience in hotels in similar position
- Basic reading and writing. Food service experience with general knowledge of Bar & restaurant operations preferred.
- Must be at the minimum age to serve alcohol in line with any local legislative requirements.
- Good command of English language, both oral and written
In return, we offer competitive pay and benefits, and a chance to work with a great team of talented people. Most importantly, we'll give you the Room to Belong.
So what's your passion? Please get in touch if this position matches your skills and interests and tell us how you could bring your individual competencies by clicking "Apply Online".
We are an equal opportunity employer.
Don't quite meet every single requirement, but still believe you'd be a great fit for the job? We'll never know unless you hit the 'Apply' button. Start your journey with us today.