Bartender - Kimpton Vividora
Hotel Brand: Kimpton (outside the Americas)
Location: Spain, Barcelona, Barcelona
Job number: EMEAA20615
Kimpton Vividora, located in the Gothic Quarter brings the boutique concept created in the US by Bill Kimpton in 1981, with 156 rooms designed to provide the Kimpton experience to our guests.
In Kimpton you can:
- Be yourself: Who you are is who we are. So, bring the real you. The best and ever-improving version of you. Bring your background, your personality, your individuality, your creativity. It’s those just-you qualities that make it more personal for you, and our guests.
- Lead yourself: We support you, and you support we. We trust you to give it your all, take initiative, do right when no one’s watching, find creative new ways to delight guests and co-workers. We trust you to learn, grow and continually improve at whatever you do.
- Make it count: As long as we’re here, why not make lives better? Yours and our guests. We care for both, and we pursue every chance we can to create a ridiculously personal experience (aka. A Kimpton Moment) every day. That focus and passion gives our work meaning. What you do matters. You matter.
Working at Kimpton is not just about working. And it’s certainly not like working at other places. We value personality, individuality, creativity, doing right, continually improving, focus and passion.
Your day to day
As the friendly face of our hotel bar, you’ll also be a helpful host, a local expert, and a proud brand ambassador. Whether you’re preparing drinks exactly as our guests want or serving them delicious food, you’ll be devoted to creating relaxing, memorable experiences.
Reports to the Beverage Manager with a dotted line to the Director of Food & Beverage.
- Create a warm and welcome to everyone and setting the tone for each guest’s experience.
- Describe the selection of beverages of any kind and menu items to guests by offering interesting, and vivid descriptions of each item’s, origin, taste, and preparation methods.
- Understand and memorize al recipes and descriptions of all our products, spirits, food cocktails and so on.
- Set up your bar – stock up on all the supplies you’ll need and manage your inventory.
- Ensure that beverages are well stocked.
- Look after all house made ingredients and preparations, double check quality daily.
- Ensure that overall cleanliness and maintenance of the working area.
- Be ready to jump into other ad-hoc duties when your colleagues need your help.
- Work with your restaurant and kitchen colleagues to offer a seamless food service.
- Assess customers’ needs and preferences and make recommendations.
- Report and follow up on maintenance and repairs and for the cleanliness of the bar.
- Properly and accurately close guest checks; process cash and credit card payments; properly settle voided checks or complimentary items.
What we need from you
- 2+ years’ experience working within hotel/bar as bartender.
- Must be fluent in local language and English, additional languages will be highly valuable.
- Proactive, positive, energetic, dynamic, emphatic, team-worker and with passion for service.
What we offer
- Competitive salary.
- Discounted international room rates.
- Employee recognition programmes.
- Training programmes and access to IHG’s training tool.