Bars & Restaurant Manager
Hotel Brand: Kimpton (outside the Americas)
Location: United Kingdom, Scotland, Glasgow
Hotel: Kimpton - Glasgow Blyth (GLAPG)
Job number: R187475
Kimpton Blythswood Square are looking for a Bars & Restaurant Services Manager to join there 5* team.
When you work at Kimpton Blythswood Square, you become part of a special history that’s been building for almost two centuries and continues to unfold in style.
A landmark hotel in Scotland’s most vibrant city, Glasgow’s Kimpton Blythswood Square Hotel is celebrated for its gorgeous Georgian architecture, superior service (everyone here is nice), well-loved spa, unique event venues, and indulgent afternoon tea.
Do you want to be part of this Lifestyle Luxury property?
At Kimpton, our shared mission is to make lives better through heartfelt human connections. This emotional investment drives all that we do, and it’s why you’ll love the work, too. Our colleagues are empowered and encouraged to act from the heart, to go above and beyond to create ridiculously personal experiences for each other and our guests
Our Bars & Restaurants Service Managers Supports the Food and Beverage Lead, Joseph Boyle with the effective and efficient running of the food and beverage teams, with direct responsibility for up to four divisions within the department ensuring financial targets are achieved whilst maintaining the highest of standards to ensure guest expectation is consistently exceeded and ensure it is in line with Kimpton’s laid-back and original luxury experience that offers guests the finer things without the fuss. No detail is too small, and no request is too large.
Bar & Restaurant Services Manager’s communicates both internally within the Food & Beverage Teams and externally, both with the wider hotel team and immediate locale to ensure the guest experience is personalised and always exceeds expectation. At Kimpton our commitment to deliver heartfelt care, unique design and quality in surprising ways gives an experience you’ll treasure forever whether you are a guest or a member of our family.
Working as a Bars & Restaurant Services Manager you will ensure the team are fully trained on cocktails making and all things bar related. You will have experience developing cocktail meus, and deliver cocktail making with flair
So what’s in for you (just in case you need more persuading)
Not bragging but we are part of the IHG Hotels and Resorts family, a FTSE 100 Company, market leader in delivering True Hospitality for Good around the world, so we can offer you a market leading package:
- Up to £30,000 (dependent on experience)
- 31 days holiday each year, including bank holidays, this increases up to a maximum of 33 days (Pro Rated)
- Discounted international/worldwide room rates for yourself, family and friends
- Access to our voluntary benefits portal which includes discounts on some travel, leisure time activities, health, retail and motoring
- Employee assistance programme
- Life insurance
- Vast range of learning and development programmes
- Opportunities for promotion and transfer across the group both national and international
- Meals whilst on duty
- Opportunities to get involved in our charitable and community activities
- Most importantly, we’ll help you grow, and develop you as an individual.
What we need from you
Working at Kimpton is not just about working. And it’s certainly not like working at other places. We value personality, individuality, creativity, doing right, continually improving, focus and passion
To succeed as our Bars & Restaurant Services Manager, you will need:
- Bars & Restaurant duty management and team leadership experience for 2+ years in a property of similar size & 5 * standard.
- Can perform a variety of activities as needed across all food and beverage departments, as a minimum; supervise a large scale meeting, wedding or social event and host and supervise a service across all meal periods
- Expected to have completed Food Safety Level 2 and completion of other appropriate and relevant courses
- Expensive cocktail knowledge
- Ability to train team members to become excellent bartenders & waiters
- Knowledge of appropriate F&B systems to support operational processes table reservation and management system, Micros Simphony (or relevant POS) and Quinyx
- Demonstrates a thirst for knowledge with an understanding on critical issues and potential technology and trends in hotel food and beverage
- Can talk through activities that would be required on a food and beverage marketing calendar and recognizes how to impact different booking channels
Do you have what it takes to be our Bars & Restaurant Services Manager? We’d love to hear from you.
Please click ‘apply’ now!
You must meet the legal requirements to work in the UK.