Barista at InterContinental® Ras Al Khaimah Mina Al Arab Resort & Spa (Pre-Opening)
Hotel Brand: InterContinental Hotels
Location: United Arab Emirates, Ras al Khaymah, Ra's al Khaymah
Hotel: InterContinental - Ras Al Khaimah Mina Al Arab Resort and Spa (RKTHA)
Job number: EMEAA23832
As the world's largest family of luxury hotels, we all take great pride in being genuine ambassadors of the InterContinental® brand. Shaped by decades of international know-how and local insights, our passion for luxury travel spans cultures and customs. Inspiring us to create warm and sophisticated experiences for those seeking a richer perspective on the world. Each of our hotels cultivates a distinctive style and ambiance where we embrace every opportunity to give our guests a personal and enriching experience. If you'd like to embrace a wider world of experiences and opportunities, we'd like to welcome you to the world's most international luxury hotel brand.
The InterContinental® Ras Al Khaimah Mina Al Arab Resort and Spa is scheduled to open Q4 2021. The resort will comprise 351 keys, a health club, a spa, and two pools. Covering an area of 43,770 sqm, the resort is a short drive from famous archaeological sites such as Dhayah Fort and Sheba’s Palace. Set on a headland surrounded by protected coastal wetlands with lush landscaping fronting a sweeping beach on one side and a man-made waterway on the other, the guest rooms, suites, and chalets offer panoramic water views.
Your day to day
Food and Beverage is what adds flavour to a stay! Guests love to enjoy their favourite drink whether it’s with friends, family, colleagues or just on their own. To deliver a great guest experience – a Barista will prepare coffee and/or other beverage in a timely manner, helping guests to have memorable experiences whenever and wherever they drink. Some of your daily responsibilities includes :
- Prepare beverages requested by guests using established pouring standards and drink recipes to provide a consistent product to the guests and to control costs. Coordinate food service with restaurant(s) for bar/lounge guests if applicable
- Set up station including all liquor, mixers, ice, garnishes, glassware and supplies. Perform pre- and post-shift work (empty/fill ice-bins, prepare garnishments, replenish/store snacks, etc.)
- Requisition all necessary supplies in line with hotel procedures and manage liquor inventory
- Ensure that all beverages are properly secured before, during, and at close of shift
- Follow established hotel safety protocols and procedures at all times. Immediately report any safety/service incident to the supervisor or manager on duty
- Take action to solve guest problems/complaints using appropriate service recovery guidelines
What we need from you
The ideal candidate should have the following criteria:
- Master of Latte Art
- Experience in Luxury or Five Star Hotel for minimum 1 year or equivalent
- Being passionate about people and service
- Communication skills are used frequently when interacting with guests, wait staff, cooks, and supervisor
- Reading and writing abilities are used often when taking orders, describing beverage items, completing paperwork, etc.
What we offer
In return, we offer competitive pay and benefits, and a chance to work with a great team of talented people. Most importantly, we'll give you the Room to be Yourself.So what's your passion? Please get in touch if this position matches your skills and interests and tell us how you could bring your individual competencies by clicking "Apply Online".
We are an equal opportunity employer