Hotel Brand: Crowne Plaza
Location: United Arab Emirates, Dubai, Dubai
Hotel: Crowne Plaza - Dubai Marina (DXBMR)
Job number: EMEAA27202
What's your passion? Whether you're into dancing, diving, or dominoes at IHG we're interested in YOU. We love people who apply the same amount of care and passion to their jobs as they do their hobbies - people who help us create great hotels guests love.
Crowne Plaza Dubai Marina is a perfect location that completely understands Modern business travelers. Located in the cosmopolitan Dubai Marina area, the 3,037 square-metre hotel is next to Dubai Marina Mall and within walking distance of the picturesque pedestrian promenade, which borders the waterway lined with vibrant cafes and restaurants.
With 273 stylish rooms and a convenient, prestigious location, Crowne Plaza Dubai Marina is an ideal hotel for productive business and enjoyable leisure time; and will definitely enjoy a new hotel that has mastered the balance between modernism of the business world and traditions of the Arabian hospitality.
Your day to day
We are currently recruiting for a full-time Barista to join our enthusiastic team at Crowne Plaza Dubai Marina.
As a Barista you are responsible to provide professional service to our Guests. Preparing and serving hot and cold drinks such as coffee, tea, artisan, and specialty beverages. To explain the menu items to our Guests, and to ensure that they are comfortable and satisfied. Your role will include key responsibilities such as:
• Welcoming guests, informing them about specials or new items, answering questions, and accepting orders and payments.
• Preparing foods, such as sandwiches or baked goods, and grinding and blending coffee beans, brewing coffee and tea, and serving items to customers.
• Packaging food and beverages for sale.
• Selling coffee and tea blends and brewing equipment, highlighting the differences between items, and educating customers about brewing methods.
• Cleaning and restocking work and dining areas, emptying trash, and sanitizing equipment and utensils.
• Learning about brewing methods, beverage blends, food preparation, and presentation techniques to improve food quality.
• Updating signage and displays to attract guests.
• Taking inventory and replenishing items in display cases, at tables, or behind the counter.
• Working as part of a fun, high-energy team.
• Adhering to all food safety regulations and quality controls.
What we need from you
Ideally, you'll have a minimum of 1- 2 years’ experience in the similar role in a four or five-star hotel or comparable industry, ability to demonstrate working with and engaging teams from different cultures, strong verbal and written communication skills along with being quality oriented with focus on details, high performance standards, able to multi-task & meet deadlines and technical proficiency in related software preferable.
What we offer
At IHG we are committed to developing our team and managing our talent and would encourage internal as well as external candidates to apply for any of our vacancies.
We passionately believe that it’s our people who have brought us to where we are today and our people that will help us grow. We celebrate diversity every day.
We welcome guests from every background and corner of the world, so we want individuals who can bring true hospitality to life for everyone.
We will give you every opportunity to grow vertically, functionally, geographically, and personally. As part of the IHG family with more than 5,300 hotels in over 100 countries, the world is your oyster.