Barista (Part-time & Full-time) | InterContinental Sydney
Hotel Brand: InterContinental Hotels
Location: Australia, New South Wales, Sydney
Hotel: InterContinental - Sydney (SYDHA)
Job number: EMEAA33195
Welcome to the height of luxury, where heritage wonder and contemporary flair collide. Centrally positioned in the heart of Circular Quay, InterContinental Sydney extends breathtaking panoramic views of the Sydney Opera House and Sydney Harbour Bridge.
Set within the beautifully restored Treasury Building of 1851, InterContinental Sydney is renowned as one of the city’s prized icons. With 509 guest rooms including 28 luxury suites, an award-winning and world class Club InterContinental lounge and vibrant dining venues, a complete five-star experience awaits.
We invite you to join us at this incredibly exciting time for our hotel as a Barista with part-time and full-time opportunities available!
Your day to day
In this role, you'll have the opportunity to work across our iconic range of food & beverage outlets, becoming multi-skilled and developing your knowledge across all areas of the Food and Beverage operation.
As the friendly face of our venues, you’ll also be a helpful host, a local expert, and a proud InterContinental brand ambassador. Our guests' needs are your priority, and your ability to create soothing beverages specifically the way the guest desires will provide a unique service that exceeds all expectations.
If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you!
What we need from you
Apart from having a passion for coffee; we are looking for someone with the following:
- Previous Barista Experience
- Exceptional Customer Service experience
- Have the ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Must be able to demonstrate a sound working knowledge of coffee making techniques.
- Be able to clean and maintain a commercial coffee machine and grinder.
- Be reliable, well presented and friendly.
- Amazing customer service skills - you are a people person and this shines through
- Excellent attention to detail & commitment to high standards - we are a Luxury hotel experience
- You must meet the legal requirements to live & work in Australia
What we offer
You’ll be rewarded for your hard work with a range of benefits that support you throughout your IHG career journey
- A fun, supportive, high performing team, offering plenty of mentoring & coaching opportunities to develop your career
- Free meals on shift
- Some of the best colleague discounts across our IHG Hotels for accommodation, food and beverage
- A massive colleague discounts platform for all your favourite brands and retailers
- Paid birthday leave - hip hip hooray!
- Proactive paid wellness and mental health days
- Enhanced parental leave program
- Flexible work options
We are proud to be InterContinental Sydney and proud to be IHG and we know you will be too.
Visit http://careers.ihg.com/ to find out more about us.