Barista (Dekkadance) - InterContinental Los Angeles Downtown
Hotel Brand: InterContinental Hotels
Location: United States, California, Los Angeles
Hotel: InterContinental - Los Angeles Downtown (LAXHC)
Job number: USA25565
Do you see yourself as a Barista? What's your passion? At IHG we're interested in YOU. We employ people who apply the same amount of care and passion to their jobs as they do their hobbies - people who put our guests at the heart of everything they do. And we're looking for more people like this to join our friendly and professional team.
As the world’s largest family of luxury hotels, we all take great pride in being genuine ambassadors of the InterContinental® brand. Shaped by decades of international know-how and local insights, our passion for luxury travel spans cultures and customs. Inspiring us to create warm and sophisticated experiences for those seeking a richer perspective on the world.
Each of our hotels cultivates a distinctive style and ambience where we embrace every opportunity to give our guests a personal and enriching experience. If you’d like to embrace a wider world of experiences and opportunities, we’d like to welcome you to the world’s most international luxury hotel brand.
Your day to day
As the friendly face of our hotel bars, you’ll also be a helpful host, a local expert, and a proud brand ambassador. Whether you’re preparing drinks exactly as our guests want or serving them delicious food, you’ll be devoted to creating relaxing, memorable experiences.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Up-sell menu items and specials to maximize food and beverage revenues. Work within policy to accommodate guests’ special food and drink requests.
- Receive and process customer payments according to established cash handling policies and procedures to ensure the security of monies, credit and financial transactions
- Maintain a clean, neat and well-organized work area, including but not limited to refrigerators, display cases, counters, and seating areas. Report all unsafe or malfunctioning equipment, safety hazards, or maintenance problems to management.
- Prepare and serve menu items such as coffees, drinks, sandwiches, salads, etc. in a prompt and professional manner. Follow food and beverage preparation and usage instructions to minimize waste
- Prepare and serve cocktails and alcoholic beverages upon request
- Ensure adequate supply of plates, utensils, napkins, and other supplies throughout shift; replenish/restock supplies and inventory according to established procedures and guidelines
- Perform all pre-shift and post-shift duties, side-work, and related paperwork
What we need from you
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
Basic reading, writing and math skills. Prior customer service and/or cash handling experience in the hospitality industry preferred.
This job requires ability to perform the following:
- Carrying or lifting items weighing up to 50 pounds
- Standing up and moving about the work area
- Handling food, objects, products and utensils
- Bending, stooping, kneeling
- Communication skills are utilized a significant amount of time when interacting with the guests and describing menu items, methods of preparation, etc.
- Reading and writing abilities are utilized often when preparing meals from instructions or when monitoring inventory
- Mathematical skills, including basic math, percentages, quantities, and variances are used frequently
- Alcohol awareness certification and/or food service permit or valid health/food handler card as required by local or state government agency
- May be required to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays
What we offer
Hotel discounts worldwide are available as well as access to a wide variety of discount programs and the chance to work with a great team of people. Most importantly, we'll give you the room to be yourself. So what's your passion? Please click “Apply” and tell us how you could bring your individual skills to IHG.
IHG is an equal opportunity employer: Minorities / Females / Disabled / Veterans
Don't quite meet every single requirement, but still believe you'd be a great fit for the job? We'll never know unless you hit the 'Apply' button. Start your journey with us today and let's #GoFurtherTogether.