Barista - CHOIX Par Pierre Gagnaire - InterContinental® Hotel Dubai Festival City
Hotel Brand: InterContinental
Location: United Arab Emirates
Hotel: Dubai Festival City (DXBHB), PO 45777
Job number: 103457
Do you see yourself as a Barista for InterContinental Hotel® Dubai Festival City?
As the world's largest family of luxury hotels, we all take great pride in being genuine ambassadors of the InterContinental® brand.
Shaped by decades of international know-how and local insights, our passion for luxury travel spans cultures and customs. Inspiring us to create warm and sophisticated experiences for those seeking a richer perspective on the world. Each of our hotels cultivates a distinctive style and ambience where we embrace every opportunity to give our guests a personal and enriching experience.
If you'd like to embrace a wider world of experiences and opportunities, we'd like to welcome you to the world's most international luxury hotel brand.
The InterContinental Hotels Group® properties in Dubai Festival City consist of four hotel brands. These include the luxury brand InterContinental, the superior upscale Crowne Plaza, the lavish long-stay InterContinental Residence Suites and the vibrant mid-scale Holiday Inn. In addition to over 1000+ bedrooms, the four properties boast a selection of high quality restaurants and bars, an impressive 3,800 square meter Event Centre across two levels, the 5,000 square meters Festival Arena by InterContinental, the luxurious Spa InterContinental, state-of-the-art gymnasium and swimming pool facilities. We are looking for people who are friendly, welcoming and full of life to people to join over 900 colleagues who are always finding ways to make every guests experience an enjoyable one. We value the passion and enthusiasm of our colleagues, and encourage you to share your passion when you work with us.
A little taste of your day-to-day
- Delivers legendary customer service to all customers by acting with a “customer comes first” attitude and connecting with the customer.
- Provides quality beverages, whole bean, and food products consistently for all customers by adhering to all recipe standards.
- Follows health, safety and sanitation guidelines for all products.
- Acts with integrity, honesty, and knowledge that promote the culture, values, and mission of IHG.
- Maintains calm exterior presence during periods of high volume or unusual events to maintain a clean and comfortable store environment
- Anticipates customer and store needs by constantly evaluating environment and customers for cues
- Communicates information to manager so that the team can respond as necessary to create the warm welcoming environment.
- Follows operational policies and procedures, including those for safety and security.
- Maintains a clean and organized workspace so that others can locate resources and products as needed
- Contributes to positive team environment by recognizing alarms or changes in morale and communicating them to managers
- Assists with new employee training by positively reinforcing successful performance and giving respectful and encouraging coaching as needed
- Maintains regular and consistent attendance and punctuality
- Welcoming, thanking, and aiding customers in their product selection
- Keeping all floors counters and restrooms clean and organized
- Stocking and refilling any empty containers, refrigerators, dispensers, and/or display cases
- Being knowledgeable on coffee beans, drinks, and other products
What we need from you
- At least 1 year experience in a similar environment
- Excellent command of English
- Able to work individually
- Be open to new ideas and make changes in the job and routine as required
- Demonstrate co-operation and trust with colleagues, supervisors, teams and across departments
- Communicate well to ensure effective shift hand-overs
What you can expect from us
We’ll reward all your hard work with competitive salary and benefits.
Join us and you’ll become part of the global IHG® family – and like all families, all our individual team members share some winning characteristics. As a team, we work better together – we trust and support each other, we do the right thing and we welcome different perspectives. You need to show us you care: that you notice the little things that make a difference to guests as well as always looking for ways to improve - visit www.careers.ihg.com to find out more about us.
So go on - show us how your passion and personality are the perfect fit to deliver memorable experiences to our guests.
Don't quite meet every single requirement, but still believe you'd be a great fit for the job? We'll never know unless you hit the 'Apply' button. Start your journey with us today and let's #GoFurtherTogether.