Barback, Michael Jordan's Bar
Hotel Brand: InterContinental Hotels
Location: United States, Illinois, Chicago
Hotel: InterContinental - Chicago Magnificent Mile (ORDHA)
Job number: R193115
THE JEWEL OF CHICAGO'S MAGNIFICENT MILE
InterContinental Chicago is a lot like the city itself; historic but hip, refined but relaxed, cultured but comfortable. A member of Michigan Avenue's architectural elite since 1929, our hotel is within easy reach of Chicago's incomparable museums, stores, theatres and restaurants. Navy Pier, Shedd Aquarium and Oak Street Beach are minutes away.
The InterContinental Hotel Group owns, operates and franchise more than 9,000 hotels, 120 million stays per year in nearly 100 countries. Our people lie at the heart of our business - and by bringing your expertise and passion to IHG; you will help us to achieve our goal of creating Great Hotels Guest Love.
Your day to day
Under the general guidance of the General Manager of the Michael Jordan Steak House, responsible for assisting the Cocktail Server and Bartender in the service of Food and Beverage.
- Reports directly to the Michael Jordan Steak House General Manager.
- Interacts and co-operates with Managers, Servers, Cooks, Bartenders, Storeroom, Stewards and Housekeeping as required.
- Interacts with guests as appropriate.
- Interacts with other departments as required.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Promote image of the restaurant by displaying impeccable manners, diplomacy and tact towards guests.
- Maintain constant flow of communication with and to the team.
- Assists Servers and Bartenders in the service of food and beverage in accordance with the established standards.
- Sorts and exchanges soiled linen.
- Welcomes, greets and seats all guest when needed
- Ability to listen and follow up to all guest requests
- Cleans and replenishes guest supplies.
- Polishes glassware, chinaware, cutlery, etc.
- Schedules store room requisitions with Manager/Supervisor.
- Ensures personal grooming and uniform is to the required standards.
- Complies with hotel's health, safety and hygiene policy.
- Assists in the table cleaning and set up.
- Assists in maintaining the cleanliness of the restaurant in all areas.
- Attends meetings and hotel training sessions as required by hotel management.
- At IHG we are committed to providing our employees with a safe, secure and healthy workplace. It is your responsibility to comply with all workplace health and safety requirements, including any department specific training regarding equipment and procedures.
- Perform other duties, tasks and special projects as assigned.
What we need from you
- Must be able to speak and understand English
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Food Hygiene awareness and at least basic training.
- Ability to communicate in English
- Ability to compute basic mathematical calculations.
- Ability to provide legible written communication.
- Previous job related experience.
- Food Hygiene certificate.
- First aid awareness.
- Possess a friendly, upbeat & outgoing personality.
- Ability to perform job functions with attention to detail, speed and accuracy.
- Ability to prioritize, organize and follow through.
- Ability to be a clear thinker remains calm and resolves problems using Sound judgment.
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to work an 8-hr shift in all types of conditions pertinent to the job.
- Ability to work with all products and equipment prescribed.
- Ability to comprehend instructions
- Ability to work cohesively with co-workers as part of a team.
- Ability & willingness to perform job tasks according to established standards.
- Must be flexible and able to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays as required.
What we offer
At IHG we employ people who apply the same amount of care and passion to their jobs as they do their hobbies - people who put our guests at the heart of everything they do.
And we're looking for more people like this to join our friendly and professional team. In return we'll give you a competitive financial and benefits package which may include healthcare support, dental, vision, disability and life insurance support, and a matching 401k plan.
Hotel discounts worldwide are available as well as access to a wide variety of discount programs and the chance to work with a great team of people. Most importantly, we'll give you the room to be yourself.
So what's your passion? Do you see yourself as a Barback, Michael Jordan's Bar? Please get in touch and tell us how you could bring your individual skills to IHG.
IHG is an equal opportunity employer: Minorities / Females / Disabled / Veterans.