Bar Waiting Staff (Part-Time)
Hotel Brand: voco
Location: United Kingdom, Glasgow
Hotel: Grand Central Glasgow (GLAGS), 99 Gordon Street, G1 3SF
Job number: 105247
voco Grand Central are looking for Experienced Bar Floor Staff to join the growing team as a Bar Waiter/Waitress (Part-Time) in our iconic Champagne Central Bar...
Pull up a seat and step back in time. Our Champagne Central Bar (awarded the Best Hotel Bar in Glasgow at the 2019 Best Bar None awards) overlooks Central Station and evokes the golden age of travel, with a sash of style and lashings of charm. For those feeling peckish, food is fine, flavoursome, and focuses on small plates and sharing boards. Afternoon tea has a special place on the menu and is – of course – best taken with a glass of Champagne.
Our destination bar is legendary; as a Bar Waiter/Waitress, you will become part of an exceptional bar team that will provide an extensive drinks & food service.
We are looking for someone who can work at least 16 hours per week on a Part-Time basis, with most shifts consisting of evening and weekend work. We are open 7 days a week 365 days a year and need people to work a range of shifts and days - this means we can offer great flexibility for the right time.
We are paying £10.00 per hour, every hour worked paid plus service charge!
YOUR CORE PURPOSE WILL BE:
- Greeting Guests: you will ensure our guests are greeted with the voco welcome, ensuring all guests are seated and given menus.
- Table management: ensuring all tables are cleaned in a timely manner, and ready for the next customer.
- Taking guest orders & payments: you will be responsible for taking guests orders, advising them on choices and ensuring all payments are taken before they leave.
- At all times you will adhere to liquor license laws regarding alcohol consumption by checking customer identification and cutting off customers who have had too much to drink.
What’s in for you as a Bar Waiter/Waitress (just in case you need more persuading)
- Every hour worked paid! - £10.00 per hour plus service charge!
- 28 days holiday each year, including bank holidays, this increases up to a maximum of 33 days (Pro Rated)
- Worldwide employee and friends & family hotel room rates
- Discounts on retail and various activities through our benefit portal
- Employee assistance programme 24/7
- Recognition programmes
- Opportunities for career progression and to transfer around the world
- Meals whilst on duty
- Opportunities to get involved in our charitable and community activities
- Most importantly, we’ll help you grow, and develop you as an individual
To succeed, you will need:
- To be passionate about delivering great service and be customer focused
- Previous experience as Waiter/Waitress in a destination bar is desired
- Excellent customer service and good people skills
Do you have what it takes? We’d love to hear from you.
Please click ‘apply’ now!
You must meet the legal requirements to work in the UK.
Don't quite meet every single requirement, but still believe you'd be a great fit for the job? We'll never know unless you hit the 'Apply' button. Start your journey with us today and let's #GoFurtherTogether.