Hotel Brand: voco
Location: United Kingdom, Scotland, Glasgow
Hotel: voco™ - Grand Central Hotel (GLAGS)
Job number: EMEAA36538
voco Grand Central’ Destination Champagne Bar are looking for Experienced Bar Floor Staff to join the growing team as a Bar Waiter/Waitress...
Pull up a seat and step back in time. Our Champagne bar overlooks Central Station and evokes the golden age of travel, with a sash of style and lashings of charm.
For those feeling peckish, food is fine, flavoursome, and focuses on small plates and sharing boards. Afternoon tea has a special place on the menu and is – of course – best taken with a glass of Champagne.
Awarded the Best Hotel Bar in Glasgow at the 2019 Best Bar None awards.
Our destination bar is legendary; as a Bar Waiter/Waitress, you will become part of an exceptional bar team that will provide an extensive drinks & food service.
YOUR CORE PURPOSE WILL BE:
- Greeting Guests: you will ensure our guests are greeted with the voco 5* welcome, ensuring all guests are seated and able to understand concepts.
- Prepare: all tables and the restaurant is always 100% guest ready, and clean.
- Take guest orders & payments: you will be responsible for taking guests orders, advising them on choices and ensuring all payments are taken before they leave.
- At all times, adhere to liquor license laws regarding alcohol consumption by checking customer identification and cutting off customers who have had too much to drink,
We are Looking for Bar Waiter/Waitress who can work a minimum of 24 hours per week (across 3 days)
(Weekend and Afternoon/ Night working being a major part of your working week pattern)
We are paying £10.00 per hour, every hour worked paid!
We are open 7 days a week 365 days a year and need people to work a range of shifts and days - this means we can offer great flexibility for the right time.
Your day to day
What’s in for you as a Bar Waiter/Waitress (just in case you need more persuading)
Not bragging but we are part of the IHG hotels and Resort family, FTSE 100 Company, market leader in delivering True Hospitality for Good around the world.
- Base salary on average 40 Hours per week, £20,800 per annum, Plus Service Charge
- Every hour worked paid! - £10.00 per hour
- 28 days holiday each year, including bank holidays, this increases up to a maximum of 33 days (Pro Rated)
- Worldwide employee and friends & family hotel room rates
- Discounts on retail and various activities through our benefit portal
- Employee assistance programme 24/7
- Recognition programmes
- Opportunities for career progression and to transfer around the world
- Meals whilst on duty
- Opportunities to get involved in our charitable and community activities
- Most importantly, we’ll help you grow, and develop you as an individual
To succeed, you will need:
- To be passionate about delivering great service and be customer focused
- Previous experience as Waiter/Waitress in a destination bar is desired
- Excellent customer service and good people skills
- Professionals with sales experience are desired
Do you have what it takes? We’d love to hear from you.
Please click ‘apply’ now!
You must meet the legal requirements to work in the UK.
Don't quite meet every single requirement, but still believe you'd be a great fit for the job? We'll never know unless you hit the 'Apply' button. Start your journey with us today and let's #GoFurtherTogether.