Banquet Set-up Houseperson (Full-time) | InterContinental Miami Downtown
Hotel Brand: InterContinental Hotels
Location: United States, Florida, Miami
Hotel: InterContinental - Miami (MIAHA)
Job number: R191394
As the world's largest family of luxury hotels, we all take great pride in being genuine ambassadors of the InterContinental® brand. Shaped by decades of international know-how and local insights, our passion for luxury travel spans cultures and customs. Inspiring us to create warm and sophisticated experiences for those seeking a richer perspective on the world.
At InterContinental Hotels & Resorts® we want our guests to feel special, cosmopolitan and In the Know which means we need you to:
- Be charming by being approachable, having confidence and showing respect.
- Stay in the moment by understanding and anticipating guests’ needs, being attentive and taking ownership of getting things done.
- Make it memorable by being knowledgeable, sharing stories and showing your style to create moments that make people feel special.
A Shining Star Among Downtown Miami Hotels, the InterContinental Miami features the city's premier accommodations, convention, and meeting facilities. Overlooking sparkling Biscayne Bay, we provide a secure, inviting environment in a well-established area of the city. Priding ourselves on being ONE GREAT TEAM, sixth year in a row honored one of the TOP WORKPLACES of South Florida by the Sun Sentinel.
Your day to day
Great meeting and special event memories come from many places. The sights, sounds, scents and as importantly the set-up. As Banquet Set-up House Person, your passion for presentation and dedication to delivering organization will complete each guest’s experience. By taking pride in your workspace, keeping your standards high, and giving our meeting spaces your expertise, you’ll create some of our guests’ most lasting memories. You will set-up and break down all meeting rooms, banquet space and ballroom areas. Clean and maintain all corridors, vending areas, elevators and landings and service areas in the banquet facilities ensuring hotel’s standards of cleanliness.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Set-up and/or break-down tables, chairs, audio visual equipment and platforms/stages and other equipment as specified by group requirements. Set-up table linens, skirting and table top items (water pitchers, glasses, supplies, etc.)
- Clean, store, and secure in an organized manner all tables, chairs, and audio visual equipment, platforms/stages and other equipment used for banquet functions.
- Maintain cleanliness of banquet rooms, banquet hallways, and storage and service areas.
- Inspect cleanliness and working condition of all equipment to be set up in function area. Report all damages or issues to Supervisor.
- May refresh room during breaks (replenish supplies, water pitchers, etc.)
- May retrieve clean linen and skirting and stock in storage areas.
- May pick-up and deliver all boxes and materials (flip charts, easels, blackboards, etc.) for function.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
What we need from you
Basic reading and writing and mathematical skills. General knowledge of banquet operations preferred.
This job requires ability to perform the following:
- Handling, carrying or lifting items weighing up to 100 pounds (tables, chairs, trays, equipment, etc.)
- Moving about the function areas.
- Bending, stooping, kneeling
- Communication skills are utilized a significant amount of time when interacting with guests, coworkers, and supervisors.
- Reading and writing abilities are utilized often with banquet event orders and instructions.
- Basic math is used frequently to ensure the proper set up of tables, settings, chairs, etc.
May be required to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays.
What we offer
In return we will give you a competitive financial and benefits package which may include healthcare support, dental, vision, disability and life insurance support, and a matching 401k plan. Hotel discounts worldwide are available as well as access to a wide variety of discount programs and the chance to work with a great team of people. Most importantly, we'll give you the room to be yourself.
IHG is an equal opportunity employer: Minorities/ Females/ Veterans/ Disabled
Don't quite meet every single requirement, but still believe you'd be a great fit for the job? We'll never know unless you hit the 'Apply' button. Start your journey with us today and let's #GoFurtherTogether.