Banquet Server On Call - The Willard InterContinental Washington
Job number: 104470
Provide prompt and courteous food and beverage service to banquet guests during banquet/catering functions.
At InterContinental Hotels & Resorts® we want our guests to feel special, cosmopolitan and In the Know.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Properly store all reusable goods.
- Perform pre- and post-shift side work; set-up, condiments, etc.
- Clear tables after service. Remove trays of dirty dishes, silverware and glassware to kitchen for cleaning.
- Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with other departments.
- Greet guests pleasantly as they enter and attend the function; promote house drinks and utilize up-selling skills whenever possible to maximize revenues.
- Serve menu items to guests in a prompt and courteous manner and according to the banquet event order; time the service of courses to correspond with the dining pace of the guests.
- Respond to guest inquiries and special requests promptly to ensure guest satisfaction; notify supervisor of guest complaints or unusual situations.
- May assist with other duties as assigned including set up and break down of function space.
This job is accountable for the guest service and welfare at the catering event.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
Basic reading and writing and mathematical skills. Specialized knowledge of bartending and mixing drinks; knowledge of liquor brands, beer, wine, champagne, and non-alcoholic beverages, and designated glassware, preparation methods, and garnishments. Must meet state legal age requirements.
This job requires ability to perform the following:
- Handling, carrying or lifting items weighing up to 75 pounds (tables, chairs, trays, etc.)
- Moving about the function areas.
- Bending, stooping, kneeling
- Communication skills are utilized a significant amount of time when interacting with guests, cooks, wait staff, and supervisors.
- Alcohol awareness certification and/or food service permit or valid health/food handler card as required by local or state government agency.
- Reading and writing abilities are utilized often when taking orders, completing paperwork, etc.
- Mathematical skills, including basic math are used frequently.
- May be required to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays.
We’ll reward all your hard work with a great salary and benefits – including a great room discount and superb training.
Join us and you’ll become part of the global IHG family – and like all families, all our individual team members share some winning characteristics. As a team, we work better together – we trust and support each other, we do the right thing and we welcome different perspectives. You need to show us you care, that you notice the little things that make a difference to guests as well as always looking for ways to improve - click here to find out more about us.
At IHG Hotels & Resorts, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. IHG Hotels & Resorts provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to an individual's, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, marital or familial status, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
IHG is committed to promoting a culture of inclusion where everyone feels safe, respected and valued. We seek talent from all backgrounds to join our teams, and encourage our colleagues to bring their authentic and best selves to work.
Don't quite meet every single requirement, but still believe you'd be a great fit for the job? We'll never know unless you hit the 'Apply' button. Start your journey with us today and let's #GoFurtherTogether.