Banquet Houseperson - InterContinental Los Angeles Downtown
Hotel Brand: InterContinental
Location: United States, California, Los Angeles
Hotel: Los Angeles Downtown (LAXHC), 900 Wilshire Boulevard, 90017
Job number: USA24042
Do you see yourself as a Banquet Houseperson? What's your passion? At IHG we're interested in YOU. We employ people who apply the same amount of care and passion to their jobs as they do their hobbies - people who put our guests at the heart of everything they do. And we're looking for more people like this to join our friendly and professional team.
As the world’s largest family of luxury hotels, we all take great pride in being genuine ambassadors of the InterContinental® brand. Shaped by decades of international know-how and local insights, our passion for luxury travel spans cultures and customs. Inspiring us to create warm and sophisticated experiences for those seeking a richer perspective on the world.
Each of our hotels cultivates a distinctive style and ambience where we embrace every opportunity to give our guests a personal and enriching experience. If you’d like to embrace a wider world of experiences and opportunities, we’d like to welcome you to the world’s most international luxury hotel brand.Your day to day
Set-up and break down all meeting rooms, banquet space and ballroom areas. Clean and maintain all corridors, vending areas, elevators and landings and service areas in the banquet facilities ensuring hotel’s standards of cleanliness.
- Clean, store, and secure in an organized manner all tables, chairs, and audio visual equipment, platforms/stages and other equipment used for banquet functions.
- Inspect cleanliness and working condition of all equipment to be set up in function area. Report all damages or issues to Supervisor.
- Maintain cleanliness of banquet rooms, banquet hallways, and storage and service areas.
- May refresh room during breaks (replenish supplies, water pitchers, etc.)
- Set-up and/or break-down tables, chairs, audio visual equipment and platforms/stages and other equipment as specified by group requirements. Set-up table linens, skirting and table top items (water pitchers, glasses, supplies, etc.)
- May retrieve clean linen and skirting and stock in storage areas
- May pick-up and deliver all boxes and materials (flip charts, easels, blackboards, etc.) for function
- Perform other duties as assigned
Basic reading and writing and mathematical skills. General knowledge of banquet operations preferred.
This job requires ability to perform the following:
- Handling, carrying or lifting items weighing up to 100 pounds (tables, chairs, trays, equipment, etc.).
- Moving about the function areas
- Bending, stooping, kneeling
- Communication skills are utilized a significant amount of time when interacting with guests, coworkers, and supervisors
- Reading and writing abilities are utilized often with banquet event orders and instructions
- Basic math is used frequently to ensure the proper set up of tables, settings, chairs, etc.
- May be required to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays.
The statements in this job description are intended to describe the essential nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be ALL responsibilities or qualifications of the job.What we offer
Hotel discounts worldwide are available as well as access to a wide variety of discount programs and the chance to work with a great team of people. Most importantly, we'll give you the room to be yourself. So what's your passion? Please click “Apply” and tell us how you could bring your individual skills to IHG.
IHG is an equal opportunity employer: Minorities / Females / Disabled / Veterans
Don't quite meet every single requirement, but still believe you'd be a great fit for the job? We'll never know unless you hit the 'Apply' button. Start your journey with us today and let's #GoFurtherTogether.