Back of House Manager
Hotel Brand: InterContinental Hotels
Location: United Kingdom, London, London
Hotel: InterContinental - London Park Lane (LONHB)
Job number: R190637
InterContinental London Park Lane are looking for a Back of House Manager to join our growing team.
Situated at one of the capital’s most prestigious addresses, InterContinental London Park Lane reinvents traditional luxury to present modern and flexible sophistication in the heart of Mayfair. Inspired by its location overlooking the Royal Parks, the hotel delivers elegant natural interiors and award-wining seasonal cuisine.
At Intercontinental Hotels & Resorts® we live by the saying “Live the Intercontinental Life”, This means delivering discreet luxury service whilst offering a true sense of hospitality that money can’t buy.
As our Back of House Manager your role will involve supporting the kitchen team by accepting deliveries, cross checking delivery notes and keeping the store rooms tidy and in an orderly fashion. You’ll also be required to support the Kitchen Porters in maintaining kitchen cleanliness. You will also check in all beverage and hotel deliveries and store in the correct location, and provide the relevant people with the relevant information on delivery.
In this role your responsibilities will include:
- Responsibilities include Kitchen porters, China glass and silverware, offsite events equipment and all onsite equipment which will include storing, hiring and buying.
- Monitor progress against performance metrics
- Working alongside the team, ensures work of the Kitchen Porters is to a high standard and that the hotel food and safety policy is correctly followed
- Performs regular direct training on a group and one to one basis as needed with Kitchen Porters and identifies training gaps
- Ensures high standards of performance, including food safety and HACCP is always adhered to
- Improve processes, systems or products used
- Solve multiple, undefined problems that span multiple workflows
- Coaching and supporting team members to develop
- Steps up to support the kitchen team as and when required
- Responds to guest feedback and behaviours for the betterment of food experience (eg equipment and new market treads)
What’s in it for you
As we are part of the IHG Hotels and Resorts family, a FTSE 100 Company, market leader in delivering True Hospitality for Good around the world, we can offer you a market leading package:
- Competitive Package,
- 31 days holiday each year, including bank holidays, this increases up to a maximum of 33 days (Pro Rated)
- Worldwide employee and friends & family hotel room rates
- Discounts on retail and various activities through our benefit portal
- Employee assistance programme 24/7
- Recognition programmes
- Opportunities for career progression and to transfer around the world
- Meals whilst on duty
- Opportunities to get involved in our charitable and community activities
- Most importantly, we’ll help you grow, and develop you as an individual
What we need from you
Our people help to make the biggest difference – we strive for perfection in everything we do for our guests, always focussing on what is important to them and always looking to improve. We take pride in the fact that we are experts in what we do and love to demonstrate this expertise to our guests with a sense of flair.
The ideal Back of House Manager candidate will have:
- To have managed a Back of House team for a minimum of 2 years or more, within a hotel brand or restaurant of the same classification / cuisine (as minimum) with comparable size and complexity
- Must have large events experience.
- Be experienced in local market trends and have supported across a variety of service styles that may include catering meetings, social events, restaurants and bars
Do you have what it takes to be our Back of House Manager? We’d love to hear from you.
Please click ‘apply’ now!
You must meet the legal requirements to work in the UK.