Associate Manager - Analytics
Location: Philippines, Ph00, Makati City
Hotel: CRO Manila
Job number: R189794
IHG® is one of the world’s leading hotel companies, with more than 375,000 people working across almost 100 countries to deliver True Hospitality for everyone while delivering the best returns for our hotel partners. IHG franchises, leases, manages or owns nearly 5,367 hotels and 799,923 guest rooms in almost 100 countries, with nearly 1,718 hotels in its development pipeline. IHG also manages IHG® Rewards Club, the world’s first and largest hotel loyalty programme, with more than 100 million enrolled members worldwide.
You’ll know our hotel brands. They are some of the best known and most popular in the world - InterContinental Hotels & Resorts,Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants, Regent, Voco Hotels, Holiday Inn, Holiday Inn Express, Holiday Inn Resort, Holiday Inn Club Vacations, Crowne Plaza Hotels & Resorts, Hotel Indigo, Staybridge Suites, Candlewood Suites, EVEN Hotels, HUALUXE™ Hotels and Resorts, and Avid Hotel.
We bring True Hospitality to everyone by connecting our portfolio of leading hotel brands, our leading-edge systems and our ways of reaching customers, with the passion and dedication of our colleagues around the world. Individually, these are strengths. Together, they give us the platform to deliver exceptional growth and the confidence to know we can make a difference to travelers everywhere.
At IHG® we employ people who apply the same amount of care and passion to their jobs as they do their hobbies - people who put our guests at the heart of everything they do. And we're looking for more people like this to join our friendly and professional team.
Your day to day
Oversee a team of analyst/s that is tasked for the design, development and testing of complex data warehouse extracts and reporting in order to meet the data and reporting needs for all internal client groups. Creates and supplies business critical information on Loyalty and Partnership performance to enable data-driven decisions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Act as point of contact for key internal clients such as Web and Interactive Marketing, World Wide Sales, Reservations and Customer Care, Channel Integration, Americas Sales and Finance, Loyalty Marketing, Consumer Insights, and Revenue Management
- Develop highly complex data extracts using SQL and ensure requirements are developed in accordance with specified business and technical requirements.
- Maintain relationships with DRM/GSM management and develop a strong working knowledge of the business functional area that they support (Web and Interactive Marketing, World Wide Sales, Reservations and Customer Care, Channel Integration, Americas Sales and Finance, Loyalty Marketing, Consumer Insights, and Revenue Management).
- Design and build standard reporting queries for individual decision support system users.
- Design and publish standard periodic reporting for departmental user groups.
- Provide ad hoc query support to all Business Analytics clients.
- Apply analytical techniques to one or more disciplines. May perform statistical analyses and create accurate charts, tables and graphs in the correct format and within established time frames as required. Select and use appropriate software to effectively analyze data. Compile and analyze information. Effectively communicate findings and recommendations to appropriate staff.
What we need from you
Required Skills –
- Demonstrated computing and database reporting skills.
- Demonstrated programming experience with statistical and database software (SQL Server, SAS, Business Objects, and RDBMS).
- Demonstrated knowledge of Visual Basic scripting techniques.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft Access and Excel functionality to include the use of macros to streamline report-publishing process.
- Demonstrated experience in a decision-support and data warehousing environment.
- Demonstrated understanding of business analysis processes.
- Demonstrates clear, concise, and succinct communication skills, including adapting both technical verbal and written communication to the needs and level of the user.
Bachelor's or Master's Degree with a concentration in Statistics, Mathematics , Operations Research, Marketing or other related field of study, or an equivalent combination of education and work related experience.
1 to 3 years progressive work related experience working within the Business Analytics team and with relational decision-support databases and analytical consulting with demonstrated proficiency and understanding in one or more functions related to the position.