Assistant Restaurant Manager
Hotel Brand: voco
Location: Singapore, Central Singapore, Singapore
Job number: EMEAA34199
Don’t press esc! It’s not a mistake… South East Asia's first voco™ hotel brand is now open on Singapore’s world-famous Orchard Road.
voco Orchard Singapore provide guests with the world-renowned voco™ experience from the moment they walk through its doors. Famed to be hotels to count on, yet different enough to be fun, voco hotels are unstuffy hotels where people feel comfortable to relax, and just get on with life. Hotels that stand out from the crowd, voco combines familiar comforts with the indulgences of a hotel, to create somewhere that’s dependable, but not vanilla. Somewhere premium, but with a laidback spirit. Somewhere reliable, but different.
Your day to day
voco Orchard Singapore is seeking a dynamic and passionate Assistant Restaurant Manager to be part of our team. As Assistant Restaurant Manager, you are work closely with the Restaurant Manager to ensure the smooth operations and service delivery of the restaurant, ensuring that our guests enjoy a "voco™ life" dining experience, in line with our voco brand standards.
- Assisting the Restaurant Manager in the overall restaurant operations
- Oversee the Implementation of standards as detailed in the departmental standards and procedures manual
- Manage everyday activity, plan and assign work ensuring you always have the right staffing numbers
- Develop your team and improve their performance through coaching and feedback, and create performance and development goals for colleagues
- Train colleagues to make sure they deliver with compliance and to the standards we expect
- Make sure all food and beverage facilities including banquet/convention spaces are clean and properly stocked to anticipated business volume. Notify engineering immediately of any maintenance and repair needs
- Aware of requirements in terms of food safety and hygiene standards and checks that these standards are implemented and maintained in all service and guest areas, and take any necessary corrective action
- Establish and achieve quality and guest satisfaction goals. Help guests with their requests and complaints - making sure you maintain a high level of guest satisfaction
- Manage outlet food and beverage marketing programmes and participate in and maintain system-wide food and beverage marketing programmes and promotions
- Keep an eye on competitor activity / industry innovation. Review and work on menu design and concepts with Chef
- Make sure food and drinks are secure and stored safely - always keep stock replenished to minimise waste
- Handle food and beverage inventory procedures. Determine minimum and maximum stocks for all food, beverage, material, and equipment
- Other ad-hoc duties as assigned by the superior or hotel management
What we need from you
- Some college and/or advanced training in hospitality, culinary arts or food and beverage management
- 5 years of working experience, including 2-3 years in a similar capacity
- Working experience in an international hotel chain would be an advantage.
- Must posses a valid food hygiene certificate
- Commitment to work rotating shifts, weekends and public holidays.
- Great communication skills, ability to interact with guests, employees and third parties
What we offer
We’ll reward all your hard work with a great salary and benefits – great room discount and superb training.
Join us and you’ll become part of the global IHG family – and like all families, all our individual team members share some winning characteristics. As a team, we work better together – we trust and support each other, we do the right thing and we welcome different perspectives. You need to show us you care: that you notice the little things that make a difference to guests as well as always looking for ways to improve - visit www.http://careers.ihg.com to find out more about us.
IHG is an equal opportunity employer: Minorities / Females / Disabled / Veterans.
Don't quite meet every single requirement, but still believe you'd be a great fit for the job? We'll never know unless you hit the 'Apply' button. Start your journey with us today and let's #GoFurtherTogether.