Assistant Reservations Manager - Crowne Plaza West Cairo - Arkan
Hotel Brand: Crowne Plaza Hotels & Resorts
Location: Egypt, Cairo
Hotel: West Cairo Arkan (CAISZ), Plot 29, Arkan Plaza, Zayed Entrance 2, 26th of July Corridor, Sheikh Zayed, 12588
Job number: 123113
Crowne Plaza is a global chain of full service, upscale hotels headquartered in the United Kingdom. It caters to business travelers and the meetings and conventions market. It is part of the (IHG) InterContinental Hotels Group family of brands, which include InterContinental Hotels & Resorts, Holiday Inn Hotels & Resorts, Voco, Staybrige Suites, Kimpton Hotels and Regent. As one of the world's largest upscale brands, we have properties located in major urban centers, gateway cities and resort destinations all around the globe and can be found in nearly 100 countries with more than 429 hotels and 118,000 rooms globally.
Since opening in 2012 Arkan Plaza has evolved into West Cairo’s primary commercial and social destination, offering a multitude of retail and dining outlets along with gyms, banks and offices. All radiating from its welcoming central plaza, situated in the heart of Sheikh Zayed located on the 26th of July corridor main spine, which connects the cities of Sheikh Zayed and 6th of October with the central Cairo area.
Crowne Plaza West Cairo - Arkan the 178-room new build forms part of Phase II of Arkan Plaza. The Hotel is 10 minutes away from the “new” Grand Egyptian Museum and 15 minutes from the Great Pyramids of Giza. It is also in close proximity to Cairo International Airport and will be just 10 kilometers away from Sphinx International Airport. Business and leisure travelers can get the best of both worlds with three meeting rooms and a business center along with an outdoor pool and Club Lounge
We are currently looking for an Assistant Reservations Manager to join our amazing team at Crowne Plaza West Cairo – Arkan.
Your day to day:
- Responsible for the allocation of daily tasks to Reservations staff.
- Review reservation booked daily along with daily arrival report and follow up tentative bookings and update reservation status
- Ensuring groups business are entered on the system properly, and provide guidance and support to the Groups Coordinator if needed.
- Participate in Yield or Revenue Management meetings, offering operational system information.
- Ensure the hotel ranking and scores on all OTAs is at the optimum level.
- Ensuring all signed contracted rates and allotments communicated from the Sales team are updated on the system and kept in record
- Complete records and reports in regard to room availability and guest room commitments.
- Ensure inventory is effectively managed and displayed both through Concerto System and Opera.
- Prepare revenue related reports when requested by management.
- Proceed with tasks to enhance the direct channels performance when requested by management
- Ensure Brand Standards are always applied within the Reservations Department.
- Ensure high standards of service levels providing quality control checks on reservation.
- Maintain briefing on a daily basis with the reservations agents.
What we need from you:
- Solid computer skills, proficiency ln the use of office software products (MS Word, Excel, Power Point, etc.)
- Excellent ability to effectively communicate in a clear and concise manner in English and Arabic both oral and written.
- Minimum 3 year experience in Reservations department in 4/5-star hotel.
Don't quite meet every single requirement, but still believe you'd be a great fit for the job? We'll never know unless you hit the 'Apply' button. Start your journey with us today.