Assistant Outlet Manager - Belgian Cafe - Food & Beverage Service - InterContinental Hotels Group® Dubai Festival City
Hotel Brand: Crowne Plaza
Location: United Arab Emirates, Dubai, Dubai
Hotel: Crowne Plaza - Dubai - Festival City (DUBFC)
Job number: EMEAA28172
There’s nothing complicated about dealing with business people.
They’re just people. Doing business.
By day, international marketing superhero. By night: fluffy bath robe and a box set.
Like Liz, who’s left her laptop cable in the cab. Or Mario, who’s secretly missing his cats. The early riser, who’s first in the gym. The sales team preparing for the ‘big pitch’ over a freshly prepared lunch. At Crowne Plaza Hotels and Resorts, we embrace the new world of business and understand that Modern business travellers want a hotel (and a hotel team) that understands and supports them, helping at every turn.
The InterContinental Hotels Group® properties in Dubai Festival City consist of four hotel brands. These include the luxury brand InterContinental, the superior upscale Crowne Plaza, the lavish long-stay InterContinental Residence Suites and the vibrant mid-scale Holiday Inn. In addition to over 1000+ bedrooms, the four properties boast a selection of high quality restaurants and bars, an impressive 3,800 square meter Event Centre across two levels, the 5,000 square meters Festival Arena by InterContinental, the luxurious Spa InterContinental, state-of-the-art gymnasium and swimming pool facilities. We are looking for people who are friendly, welcoming and full of life to people to join over 900 colleagues who are always finding ways to make every guests experience an enjoyable one. We value the passion and enthusiasm of our colleagues, and encourage you to share your passion when you work with us.
Your day to day
To manage the Restaurant operations achieving business objectives through customer focused service delivery. Promotes the desired work culture around the five core values of Trust, Integrity, Respect, One Team and Service of the InterContinental Hotels Group and the brand ethos.
- Effectively manage the restaurant by ensuring the following:
- Oversee the Implementation of standards as detailed in the departmental standards and procedures manual
- Adhere to opening and closing procedures
- Adhere to bill paying procedures
- Conduct effective shift briefings ensuring all staff are aware of VIPs, special occasions, daily specials; emphasis on upselling certain products; etc
- Personally meet and farewell a minimum of 80% of your customers
- Encourage and motivate staff to provide optimum service during all shifts
- Share recommendations and guest comments to Chef and Food and Beverage Manager to reflect current customer profile
- Develop and implement Promotions Calendar for F&B products in restaurant
- Manage special event concepts
- Anticipate market changes and review operations when necessary
- Conduct competitor analysis
- Create positive publicity opportunities
- Manage customer database and utilise effectively
- Up-sell property facilities
- Actively pursue cost saving measures
- Recycle wherever possible
- Liaise with Sales Manager during tender process to obtain new accounts; Food and Beverage specific
- Manage wage and beverage cost
- Stock control
- Analyse food and beverage statistics through point of sale system
What we need from you
Ideally, you'll have some or all of the following competencies and experience we're looking for:
- Great communication skills
- Leadership skills
- Warm and inviting personality
- Ability to think calmly under pressure
- Willingness to learn open-mindedly
- Passion of food and curiosity for something new
- At least 2 experienced in similar role
What we offer
We’ll reward all your hard work with competitive salary and benefits.
Join us and you’ll become part of the global IHG family – and like all families, all our individual team members share some winning characteristics. As a team, we work better together – we trust and support each other, we do the right thing and we welcome different perspectives. You need to show us you care: that you notice the little things that make a difference to guests as well as always looking for ways to improve - visit www.careers.ihg.com to find out more about us.
So go on - show us how your passion and personality are the perfect fit to deliver memorable experiences to our guests.