Assistant Manager Watersports - InterContinental Hayman Island Resort
Hotel Brand: InterContinental
Location: Australia, Queensland, Hayman Island
Hotel: Hayman Island Resort (HISHA), Hayman Island, Whitsunday Islands, 4801
Job number: 116886
IHG Hotels & Resorts is one of the world’s leading hotel companies with around 350,000 colleagues working across more than 100 countries. As part of the IHG team, our people help our guests create amazing memories and deliver our purpose of providing True Hospitality for Good.
The InterContinental Hayman Island Resort will immerse you in the wonders of the Whitsundays, working in a five-star luxury environment which offers amazing career growth opportunities, professional training & development and provides a one-of-a-kind experience living and working in a tropical island paradise.
The assistant manager will lead a team of 4-5 coxswains and watersports staff, being responsible for their overall training and induction, rostering, timecard approval and being their first point of call for any questions and challenges.
Your day to day
Fishing and Snorkelling Charters:
- Coordinate and oversee daily fishing and snorkelling charter activities. Ensure guests have a safe and enjoyable experience, from gear preparation to return.
- Assist in maintaining and repairing watercraft to guarantee their reliability and safety standards.
- Collaborate with maintenance staff to schedule and perform routine vessel maintenance and repairs.
- Keep detailed records of maintenance activities, budgets, and inventory.
- Create and manage tour schedules to optimize customer experience and operational efficiency.
- Respond promptly to customer inquiries and reservations, ensuring excellent customer service.
- Lead, train, and supervise a team of up to 7 colleagues, including captains, crew members, and support staff.
- Foster a positive and collaborative work environment, emphasizing safety and professionalism.
- Oversee marina logistics, including docking, fuelling, and equipment storage.
- Ensure compliance with environmental and safety regulations.
What we need from you
- Master <24m
- MED 2
- Drivers Licence
- Computer skills including:
- Safety management systems
- Microsoft office
- Great communication skills - warm, friendly and welcoming
- Passion for fishing, snorkelling and marine.
What we offer
- Extensive career development opportunities with dedicated onsite trainers and an abundance of professional growth opportunities including multi-hire programs, skills training and optional courses.
- World class colleague facilities including excellent subsidised villa accommodation with a dedicated pool, beach area, two gyms, bar, buffet diner, laundry, movie room, corner store and sports fields.
- An exciting and ever-changing colleague activities calendar filled with an abundance of recreational activities such as tennis, yoga, meditation, hikes, markets, crafts and much more.
- IHG Australia’s myBenefits program including paid birthday leave, wellbeing hub, employee room rates, service recognition celebrations & myPerks platform with an extensive list of lifestyle and retail discounts from over 400 of Australia and New Zealand’s most popular retailers.
How to Apply
Please visit Careers - InterContinental Hayman Island [link removed] for further information regarding living and working on Hayman Island including accommodation types, facilities, and FAQ’s.
We also invite you to learn more by following our social channels: Facebook via @ICHIRcareers and Instagram via @ihg_australia_careers
Don't quite meet every single requirement, but still believe you'd be a great fit for the job? We'll never know unless you hit the 'Apply' button. Start your journey with us today and let's #GoFurtherTogether.