Assistant Manager Front Office InterContinental Sydney
Hotel Brand: InterContinental
Location: Australia, New South Wales, Sydney
Hotel: Sydney (SYDHA), 117 Macquarie Street, 2000
Job number: 115782
Welcome to the height of luxury, where heritage wonder and contemporary flair collide. Centrally positioned in the heart of Circular Quay, InterContinental Sydney extends breathtaking panoramic views of the Sydney Opera House and Sydney Harbour Bridge.
Set within the beautifully restored Treasury Building of 1851, InterContinental Sydney is renowned as one of the city’s prized icons. With 509 guest rooms including 28 luxury suites, an award-winning and world class Club InterContinental lounge and vibrant dining venues, a complete five-star experience awaits.
Join us at this incredibly exciting time for our Hotel as Assistant Manager - Front Office.
Your day to day
Join our team of Assistant Managers in leading our Front Office team to ensure a memorable guest experience is delivered, the team are motivated & departmental revenue goals are met.
On the daily, you'll ensure all Front Office operations run smoothly. You'll drive team engagement, people management, guest feedback & problem resolution, brand & cleanliness standards. This is a busy and varied role with connection to all departments across the Hotel.
Your presentation, passion for service and eagerness to lead will be the key to creating a seamless, luxury experience for our guests and ensuring we are operating as a global world class InterContinental Hotel.
What we need from you
- 1+ years’ experience in Front Office operations, including demonstrated experience in a leadership capacity at team leader or supervisor or management level
- Exceptional service standards and ability to lead within a VIP environment
- Qualifications in Hotel Management and/or related field would be advantageous
- Excellent communication skills, bilingual or multilingual language skills are advantageous
- Valid NSW RSA Competency card is required
- Strong organisational, written & communication skills, with strong attention to detail
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment & prioritise workload
- You must meet the legal requirements to live & work in Australia.
What we offer
In return, not only will you be rewarded with a competitive salary, you will also be rewarded with a range of benefits that supports you throughout your IHG career journey.
- $75,000 per annum plus super
- Some of the best colleague discounts across our IHG Hotels for accommodation, food and beverage
- An immense colleague discounts platform for all your favourite brands and retailers
- Paid Birthday Leave
- Enhanced parental leave program
- Flexible work options - talk to us about what works for you!
- Proactive paid wellness and mental health days
- Most importantly, we’ll help you grow, and develop you as an individual.
Your career journey will be supported through our lifelong development programs, IHG career milestone celebrations, and transfer of entitlements as you move and grow with IHG.
We are proud to be InterContinental Sydney and proud to be IHG and we know you will be too. Visit http://careers.ihg.com/ to find out more about us.
Don't quite meet every single requirement, but still believe you'd be a great fit for the job? We'll never know unless you hit the 'Apply' button. Start your journey with us today and let's #GoFurtherTogether.