Assistant Manager Executive Lounge InterContinental Sydney
Hotel Brand: InterContinental
Location: Australia, New South Wales, Sydney
Hotel: Sydney (SYDHA), 117 Macquarie Street, 2000
Job number: 117093
Welcome to the height of luxury, where heritage wonder and contemporary flair collide. Centrally positioned in the heart of Circular Quay, InterContinental Sydney extends breathtaking panoramic views of the Sydney Opera House and Sydney Harbour Bridge.
Set within the beautifully restored Treasury Building of 1851, InterContinental Sydney is renowned as one of the city’s prized icons. With 509 guest rooms including 28 luxury suites, an award-winning and world class Club InterContinental lounge and vibrant dining venues, a complete five-star experience awaits.
As our Hotel continues to grow we're looking for an Assistant Manager Executive Club Lounge to join our team.
Your day to day
As Assistant Manager- Executive Club Lounge you will be ensuring all aspects of our Executive Lounge operations deliver a world class service and a unique VIP guest experience.
This role is heavily focussed on Food and Beverage service so experience in this area is essential at manager, supervisor or team leader level. Additionally you may have also had previous experience in events or front office but not essential.
With support from the InterContinental Club Lounge Manager, you will also:
- Curate an unforgettable and personalised VIP Luxury experience for our guests
- Drive the financial performance of F&B, maximize and identify opportunities to sell products & experiences that suit the needs of our guests
- Coaching of your Executive Lounge team to uphold service and quality standards
This is a busy and varied role with connection to all departments across the Hotel. Your presentation, passion for service and eagerness to lead will be the key to creating a seamless, luxury experience for our VIP guests and ensuring we are operating as a global world class Club InterContinental.
What we need from you
- 1+ years’ experience in Food & Beverage operations, including demonstrated experience in a leadership capacity
- Exceptional service standards and ability to lead within a VIP environment
- Qualifications in Hotel Management and/or in Food & Beverage related field would be advantageous
- Excellent communication skills, bilingual or multilingual language skills are advantageous
- Valid NSW RSA Competency card is required
- Strong organisational, written & communication skills, with strong attention to detail
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment & prioritise workload
- You must meet the legal requirements to live & work in Australia.
We are a luxury hotel and deliver luxury experiences, so previous experience within a similar environment is highly advantageous. Impeccable presentation and grooming together with the ability to connect with VIP guests and visitors is a must.
What we offer
You’ll be rewarded for your hard work with a range of benefits that supports you throughout your IHG career journey
- A supportive, high performing team, offering plenty of mentoring & coaching opportunities to develop your career
- Free meal on shift
- Paid birthday leave
- Enhanced parental leave program
- Proactive paid wellness and mental health days
- Colleague discounts for accommodation, food and beverage across our 6300 IHG hotels
Your career journey will be supported through our lifelong development programs, IHG career milestone celebrations, and transfer of entitlements as you move and grow with IHG.
We are proud to be InterContinental Sydney and proud to be IHG and we know you will be too.
Don't quite meet every single requirement, but still believe you'd be a great fit for the job? We'll never know unless you hit the 'Apply' button. Start your journey with us today and let's #GoFurtherTogether.