Assistant Manager - Housekeeping - InterContinental Hayman Island Resort
Hotel Brand: InterContinental Hotels
Location: Australia, Queensland, Hayman Island
Hotel: InterContinental - Hayman Island Resort (HISHA)
Job number: EMEAA33448
IHG Hotels & Resorts is one of the world’s leading hotel companies with around 350,000 colleagues working across more than 100 countries. As part of the IHG team, our people help our guests create amazing memories and deliver our purpose of providing True Hospitality for Good.
The InterContinental Hayman Island Resort will immerse you in the wonders of the Whitsundays, working in a five-star luxury environment which offers amazing career growth opportunities, professional training & development and provides a one-of-a-kind experience living and working in a tropical island paradise.
Your day to day
As Housekeeping Duty Manager, you’ll direct and oversee all aspects of the Housekeeping Operations (Rooms, Laundry, and Public Areas) to deliver a memorable and unique guest experience and bring the brand to life. You will lead, motivate, train, and develop our sizeable housekeeping team in a manner that enables them to operate to the maximum levels of efficiency, including scheduling daily operation meetings, successful onboarding and development and performance appraisals. You will closely monitor and assess guest feedback putting into place detailed action plans focusing on appropriate follow up and follow through.
What we need from you
We are looking for enthusiastic and professional team players who knows how to deliver great service and exceed guest expectations. Ideally you will have Ideally you will have:
- Tertiary Studies in Hotel Management or Business Degree
- Minimum 3 years’ related management experience in 5-star, luxury hotel industry.
- Flexibility - night, weekend and holiday shifts are all part of the job
- Strong interpersonal skills both written and verbal
- Ability to relocate and live on Hayman Island, QLD and commence ideally by 8th August 2022
- Comfortable with an annual rate of $65,000 per annum on a permanent full-time basis (Off-shore Island Resort Collective Agreement 2006)
- Appropriate Australian working rights
What we offer
- World class colleague facilities including excellent subsidised villa accommodation with a dedicated pool, beach area, two gyms, bar, buffet diner, laundry, movie room, corner store and sports fields.
- An exciting and ever-changing colleague activities calendar filled with an abundance of recreational activities such as tennis, yoga, meditation, hikes, markets, crafts and much more.
- Extensive career development opportunities with dedicated onsite trainers and an abundance of professional growth opportunities including multi-hire programs, skills training, and optional courses.
- IHG Australia’s myBenefits program including paid birthday leave, wellbeing hub, employee room rates, service recognition celebrations & myPerks platform with an extensive list of lifestyle and retail discounts from over 400 of Australia and New Zealand’s most popular retailers.
Please visit Careers - InterContinental Hayman Island for further information regarding living and working on Hayman Island including accommodation types, facilities, and FAQ’s.
We also invite you to learn more by following our social channels: Facebook via @ICHIRcareers and Instagram via @ihg_australia_careers
We are proud to be a part of the IHG family and we know you will be too.
Don't quite meet every single requirement, but still believe you'd be a great fit for the job? We'll never know unless you hit the 'Apply' button. Start your journey with us today and let's #GoFurtherTogether.