Assistant Front Office Manager- Hotel Indigo LES
Hotel Brand: Hotel Indigo
Location: United States, New York, New York
Hotel: Indigo - Lower East Side New York (NYCOS)
Job number: R204059
Do you see yourself as an Assistant Front Office Manager for our trendy Hotel Indigo Lower East Side Manhattan property? What's your passion? Whether you're into tennis, shopping or karaoke, at IHG we're interested in YOU. At IHG we employ people who apply the same amount of care and passion to their jobs as they do their hobbies - people who put our guests at the heart of everything they do. And we're looking for more people like this to join our friendly and professional team.
At Hotel Indigo® we deliver inspired service. In all we do, we are vibrant, curious and original.
· Be vibrant by carrying ourselves in a way that says to our guests we are energetic, motivated, confident.
· Be curious by being aware of our hotel and neighborhood and going out of our way to help guests learn and discover what's going on.
· Be original by building connections with our guests and being imaginative to create memorable experiences.
Your day to day
· Communicate and assist in achieving departmental guest satisfaction, revenue, and profit goals and objectives. Manage labor costs and expenses within budget.
· Assist in managing hotel revenue generation & maximization through full utilization of company systems, business processes and specifications.
· Monitor performance and recommend/initiate corrective and/or disciplinary action, or other staffing/human resources-related actions in according with company policies and procedures. Alert management of potentially serious issues.
· Ensure all staff is properly trained and have the tools and equipment needed to effectively carry out their job functions.
· Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with other departments. Key departmental contacts include Accounting, Revenue Management, Sales and Marketing, Catering, Food and Beverage, Housekeeping, and Maintenance.
· Interact with outside contacts:
· Guests – to ensure their total satisfaction
· Regulatory agencies – regarding safety and emergency matters
· Other contacts as needed (professional organizations, community groups, local media)
· Ensure guests receive prompt, professional attention and are greeted upon arrival. Respond appropriately to guest complaints. Implement appropriate service recovery gestures in order to ensure total guest satisfaction. Communicate to staff any VIP, Priority Club, or special needs or requests and follow up on execution.
· Manage all aspects of front desk operations for assigned shift.
· Ensure procedures are followed for security of monies, credit and financial transactions, and guest security.
· Throughout shift conduct routine inspections of the front office, public areas, and rooms to ensure the appearance of such areas reflects highly on the hotel, brand, and Company. Correct any deficiencies.
· Serve as “manager on duty” .
· Perform other duties as assigned including assisting staff with their job functions during peak periods.
What we need from you
Bachelor’s degree in Hotel Management, Business Administration or related field plus one or more years front office/guest services experience including supervisory experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Must speak fluent English. Other languages preferred.
This job requires ability to perform the following:
· Frequently standing up behind the desk, front office areas, and other areas of the hotel.
· Use a keyboard to operate various property management and reservations systems, etc.
· Carrying, pushing, or lifting items weighing up to 50 pounds
· Handling objects, products and computer equipment
· Communication skills are utilized a significant amount of time when interacting with others; demonstrated ability to interact with customers, employees and third parties that reflects highly on the hotel, the brand and the Company.
· Reading and writing abilities are utilized often when completing paperwork and management reports, interpreting results, giving and receiving instructions, and training
· Mathematical skills, including basic math, budgeting, profit/loss concepts, percentages, and variances are utilized frequently.
· Problem solving, reasoning, motivating, organizational and training abilities are used often.
· Required to work am, pm, overnights, weekends, and/or holidays.
What we offer
In return we'll give you hotel discounts worldwide that are available as well as the chance to work with a great team of people. Most importantly, we'll give you the room to be yourself. So what's your passion? Please click "Apply Online" and tell us how you could bring your individual skills to IHG. IHG is an equal opportunity employer: Minorities / Females / Disabled / Veterans