Assistant Front Office/Guest Relations Manager - Hotel Indigo San Diego
Hotel Brand: Hotel Indigo
Location: United States, California, San Diego
Hotel: Indigo - San Diego-Gaslamp Quarter (SANIS)
Job number: R202331
Get to Know San Diego's Gaslamp Quarter Hotel
People come to San Diego for all sorts of reasons, but while they're here, it's our job to make them love every minute of their stay. The Gaslamp Quarter offers plenty to see and do, from quirky shops and eateries to exciting nightlife. You need not venture far to see the best — in fact, at our popular Level 9 Rooftop Bar, people enjoy cocktails and conversation while overlooking the San Diego skyline.
The Pet Friendliest Accommodations in San Diego
Whether your companion is a pampered pooch or a stick-fetching sidekick, we are ready to welcome you both to the Gaslamp Quarter! Our town is renown for it's pet-friendly atmosphere ever since the early beginnings with adored town mascot, Bum the Dog.
Opened July 13, 2009, Hotel Indigo San Diego Gaslamp showcases many of the historic stories behind our neighborhood. From pet-friendly hospitality inspired by Bum the Dog, to our contemporary refreshed style to reflect New Town architecture and vibes. Each of the 210 rooms reflect our neighborhood story.
At Hotel Indigo® we deliver inspired service. In all we do, we are vibrant, curious and original.
- Be vibrant by carrying ourselves in a way that says to our guests we are energetic, motivated, confident.
- Be curious by being aware of our hotel and neighborhood and going out of our way to help guests learn and discover what's going on.
- Be original by building connections with our guests and being imaginative to create memorable experiences.
Your day to day
- Monitor budget and control labor costs and expenses, building initiatives and inventory management.
- Oversee night audit function and preparation of daily financial reports.
- Assist in maintaining procedures for security of monies, credit and financial transactions, and guest security. Check billing instructions and guest credit for compliance with hotel credit policy; process welcome amenity (deposits).
- Develop plans to increase occupancy and ADR through walk-ins and up selling at the front desk.
- Complete daily checklist; perform balance inventory on Opera/Holidex/OXI, review & follow up discrepancies on with Paperless Audit, check and sign off on Management Bundles and respond to Social Media Review in multiple platforms such Tripadvisor, Booking.com , Priceline, Google.
- Review and process LCU (commissions due to TPI) and ADR/Occ IHG Rewards Reimbursement.
- Meet set KPO targets for Check in, Check out, Problem Resolution, and IHG Rewards Recognition etc. Track GSA performance and metrics.
- Review and Reconcile Nor1 and GURU (maintain top 3 status)
- Manage supply order and inventory
- Manage day-to-day staffing requirements, plan and assign work, and establish performance and development goals for team members. Provide mentoring, coaching and regular feedback to help manage conflict and improve team member performance. Schedule employees to ensure proper coverage (On Track).
- Interview and recommend hiring for potential candidate for front office/uniformed services positions and the go- to trainer for new hires when not training with FOM.
- Lead and train the team in guest engagement, handling and resolving issues through hands on, one on one discussion, addressing behaviors or guest issues/interactions in a timely manner with the team. Actively seek feedback from the team and enforce the I-Lead way. Effectively communicate the goals with the team and create action plans on how to achieve them. Be proactive and practice professionalism, foster positivity and can-do attitude at all times.
- Ensure staff is properly trained and has the tools and equipment to carry out job duties, including but not limited to systems, security, cash handling procedures and service and quality standards. Alert management of potentially serious issues.
- Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with other departments – Accounting, Sales, Food & Beverage, Housekeeping and Maintenance.
- Review and submit time edits and incentive pays for payroll and ensure that the staff is able to take their breaks on time.
- Ensure front office staff provides guests with prompt service, professional attention and personal recognition.
- Ensure guests are greeted upon arrival and make time to interact effectively with guests. Respond appropriately to guest complaints, solicit feedback and build relationships to drive continuous improvement in guest satisfaction.
- Conduct routine inspections of the front office and public areas and take immediate actions to correct any deficiencies.
- Act as the Loyalty Champion and Inspiration Maker for the hotel, attending monthly calls and sharing with the team any inspiring moments or relevant information from the call. Training the team as IHG updates.
- Check billing instructions and guest credit for compliance with hotel credit policy and ensure all transactions are handled in a secure manner.
- Train team members on PBX procedures and serve as a central communications point during emergency/crisis situations; develop and maintain relationships with local fire, police, and emergency personnel. Attend monthly safety meetings or make sure the department is represented.
Perform other duties as assigned. May also serve as manager on duty.
What we need from you
This job is the second in command to the Front Office Manager at a full-service hotel or at a regional extended-stay hotel. May report to a Director of Rooms at a large luxury or resort hotel. Typically supervises front desk agents, and porter/shuttle services, reservations, PBX, etc. May oversee subordinate supervisors.
Qualifications and requirements:
Bachelor’s degree / higher education qualification / equivalent in Hotel Management/Business Administration, or equivalent of 3 years of Front Office/Guest Service experience including management experience. Must speak fluent English. Other languages preferred.
What we offer
At Hotel Indigo, we live, work and play in the local neighborhoods that we call home. We combine stylish, vibrant & modern design of a boutique hotel with personal, unique & attentive service. We want you to bring your unique self to the workplace as we deliver a refreshingly local service to our guests.
We have a diverse workforce, celebrating difference, while working better together. Competitive benefit package are available which may include Medical/Dental/Vision/401K and more. Please ask HR for details.
IHG is an equal opportunity employer: Minorities / Females / Disabled / Veterans.