Assistant Executive Steward (Full-Time) l InterContinental Miami Downtown
Hotel Brand: InterContinental Hotels
Location: United States, Florida, Miami
Hotel: InterContinental - Miami (MIAHA)
Job number: R203158
As the world's largest family of luxury hotels, we all take great pride in being genuine ambassadors of the InterContinental® brand. Shaped by decades of international know-how and local insights, our passion for luxury travel spans cultures and customs. Inspiring us to create warm and sophisticated experiences for those seeking a richer perspective on the world.
At InterContinental Hotels & Resorts® we want our guests to feel special, cosmopolitan and In the Know which means we need you to:
- Be charming by being approachable, having confidence and showing respect.
- Stay in the moment by understanding and anticipating guests’ needs, being attentive and taking ownership of getting things done.
- Make it memorable by being knowledgeable, sharing stories and showing your style to create moments that make people feel special.
A Shining Star Among Downtown Miami Hotels, the InterContinental Miami features the city's premier accommodations, convention, and meeting facilities. Overlooking sparkling Biscayne Bay, we provide a secure, inviting environment in a well-established area of the city. Priding ourselves on being ONE GREAT TEAM, sixth year in a row honored one of the TOP WORKPLACES of South Florida by the Sun Sentinel.
Your day to day
Assist the Executive Steward in supervision of day-to-day operations of stewards’ department. Serve as Executive Steward in his/her absence.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist in managing the stewarding function in all kitchen areas to promote overall cleanliness, sanitation and compliance with state and local health regulations. Stewarding functions include setting up work stations, cleanliness and storage of dishes, filling dish machines, ensuring correct chemical levels, maintaining efficient traffic patterns in kitchen, etc.
- Assist in controlling and analyzing cost, breakage and quality of support provided to outlets, banquets and other areas. Monitor condition and cleanliness of equipment, and guest satisfaction. Report any issues to appropriate parties.
- Assist in educating employees on current safety issues to ensure compliance with all health and safety regulations. Inform management of hazardous situations, emergencies or threats to the security of guests, employees or hotel assets. Schedule preventative maintenance and repairs as needed. Ensure that equipment is prepared and operational for the following day’s work.
- Assist in determining the minimum and maximum stocks and control the par stocks of all materials and equipment. Liaise with the Purchasing Department and suppliers regarding purchasing needs for the stewarding operation.
- Alert Executive Steward of potentially serious issues.
- Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with other departments. Key departmental contacts include Catering, Banquets, Outlets, Maintenance, and Guest Services.
- May occasionally interact with outside contacts:
- Guests – to ensure their total satisfaction
- Suppliers – regarding orders and invoices
- May conduct inventories as needed.
- May assist with other duties as needed which may include but is not limited to providing assistance with food dish-up, completing set up sheets, etc.
Supervises a shift of stewarding employees in a large full-service, luxury, or resort hotel with multiple food & beverage outlets, and banquet facilities catering to more than 500 people.
What we need from you
Qualifications and Requirements:
High school diploma or equivalent and one year of experience in stewarding, kitchen maintenance, kitchen operations or similar, with some experience in a supervisory capacity. Knowledge of food and beverage service operation preferred.
This job requires ability to perform the following:
- Carrying or lifting items weighing up to 50 pounds
- Standing up and moving about the kitchen
- Handling food, objects, products and utensils
- Bending, stooping, kneeling
- Communication skills are utilized a significant amount of time when interacting with others.
- Problem solving, reasoning, motivating, organizational and training abilities are used often.
- Reading and writing abilities are utilized when assisting in the scheduling of the stewarding staff, or when monitoring inventory.
- May be required to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays.
What we offer
In return we will give you a competitive financial and benefits package which may include healthcare support, dental, vision, disability and life insurance support, and a matching 401k plan. Hotel discounts worldwide are available as well as access to a wide variety of discount programs and the chance to work with a great team of people. Most importantly, we'll give you the room to be yourself.
IHG is an equal opportunity employer: Minorities/ Females/ Veterans/ Disabled.
Don't quite meet every single requirement, but still believe you'd be a great fit for the job? We'll never know unless you hit the 'Apply' button. Start your journey with us today and let's #GoFurtherTogether.