Assistant Executive Housekeeper - ANA Intercontinental Manza Beach Resort
Location: Japan, Kyushu-Okinawa, Okinawa
Hotel: InterContinental - Manza Beach Resort (OKAHA)
Job number: EMEAA35493
As the world's largest family of luxury hotels, we all take great pride in being genuine ambassadors of the InterContinental® brand.
Shaped by decades of international know-how and local insights, our passion for luxury travel spans cultures and customs. Inspiring us to create warm and sophisticated experiences for those seeking a richer perspective on the world.
Each of our hotels cultivates a distinctive style and ambience where we embrace every opportunity to give our guests a personal and enriching experience.
If you'd like to embrace a wider world of experiences and opportunities, we'd like to welcome you to the world's most international luxury hotel brand and to the ANA InterContinental Manza Beach Resort.
Your day to day
Job Summary – (Role Summary)
- Oversees and directs all aspects of overall Housekeeping operations which includes guest rooms, public areas, Laundry and other specified back-of-the house areas.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities – (Key Activities of the role)
- Monitors Housekeeping personnel to ensure all guests and internal customers receive prompt and courteous service
- Oversees laundry operations
- Schedules routine inspections of all Housekeeping areas by/with the Assistant Executive Housekeeper and other supervisory personnel
- Inspects guest and public areas on a regular basis to ensure that the furnishings, facilities, and equipment are clean and in good repair
- Manages spring cleaning schedules
- Makes recommendations to the General Manager or designate regarding the upkeep of furnishings, facilities, and equipment, ensuring they are clean and in good repair
- Informs other departments of Housekeeping matters that concern them, particularly the Laundry Department, the Engineering Department, the Front Office, and the Food and Beverage department. Maintains open channels of communication with other department heads and the General Manager or the General Manager’s designate
- Establishes and maintains effective human relations and works with human resources to ensure that team members performance is effectively managed
- Maintains appropriate standards for dress, hygiene, uniforms, appearance, posture and conduct of Housekeeping personnel
- Conducts regular department meetings
- Identifies and ensures highest possible standard of cleanliness, maintenance, guest room supplies and amenities at a realistic costs
- Supervises outside contractors to ensure contractual compliance
- Implements and controls Housekeeping procedures that provide for the health and safety of personnel and guests, such as lost and found service, key control, security and emergency procedures and environmental procedures
- Is prepared to implement assigned tasks during emergencies such as fires, power failures and bomb threats
- Works with Human Resources on manpower planning and management needs
- Works with Director of Finance in the preparation and management of the Department’s budget.
What we need from you
Required Skills –
- Experience in a similar capacity in a luxury hotel and/or resort
- Experience in high volume housekeeping operations
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to lead a large and diverse team
- Flexibility in shifts/schedules
What we offer
With a family of 9 brands and more than 5,500 hotels in 100 countries, we will give you opportunities to learn new skills and grow your career, not forgetting a competitive salary and benefits package with hotel discounts worldwide! You'll join not only a brand that believes in the importance of superior, understated service and outstanding facilities but also a team that is passionate about connecting guests to what's unique about the destination and sharing that knowledge, so guests leave with an authentic and memorable experience. Most importantly, we give you Room to be yourself. If this sounds like the perfect move for you, apply online now! Get in touch and tell us how you could bring your passion and your individual skills to IHG.
Don't quite meet every single requirement, but still believe you'd be a great fit for the job? We'll never know unless you hit the 'Apply' button. Start your journey with us today and let's #GoFurtherTogether.