Assistant Director of Finance
Hotel Brand: Regent
Location: United States, California, Santa Monica
Hotel: Santa Monica Beach (SMOOA), 1700 Ocean Avenue, 90401
Job number: 110648
We are Regent!
Following a complete transformation of the property, we will welcome guest during fall/winter 2023. With the opening, Regent Santa Monica will bring a new, modern upper luxury experience and become one of the most prestigious, beautiful, exciting hotels in the world. Expect chef-driven epicurean experiences, multiple pools, a stunning beachfront pool deck, sumptuous rooms and suites, a destination spa and wellness center, and so much more.
We are seeking a highly skilled and experienced Assistant Director of Finance to join our hotel. As the Assistant Director of Finance, you will manage the day-to-day operation of the accounting office and assist the Director of Finance in providing financial leadership to the business. You will play a crucial role in ensuring the development and implementation of property-wide strategies that will help us achieve our financial goals. Primary responsibilities include financial analysis and financial reporting, budgeting/forecasting, audit and control, working capital, and cash control. Assists with capital expenditure plans, owner relations, and owner reporting.
- Collaborate with the Director of Finance as required and advise department heads on the interpretation and analysis of financial data, recommending courses of action to maximize hotel profitability.
- Assist in directing and administering the hotel’s financial operations including, but not limited to, asset protection, financial reporting, systems management, hotel-wide budget and forecasting, team management, and meeting participation and facilitation.
- Assist with the preparation and review of monthly financial statements, budgets, forecasts/projections, and reporting for corporate and ownership.
- Conduct weekly labor review meetings and monthly financial statement reviews with the property leadership team and drive desired results.
- Coordinate with BSC to ensure all necessary information is compiled, reviewed, and approved.
- Monitor and maintain adequate internal control over revenues, expenses, assets, and liabilities of the hotel (customer billing, paycheck distribution, payroll and bank audits, contract review, compliance, etc.) in accordance with current accounting policies, and procedures. Ensure compliance is maintained with company policies, laws, rules, and regulations.
- Collaborate with the Director of Finance on findings from CSA and internal audit reviews and oversee the resolution of findings.
- Oversee and supervise property Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, Payroll, and General Accounting functions, ensuring synergy with BSC.
- Coach and develop team members; hire, assesses, discipline, and document performance. Act as advisor to staff to help meet established schedules and/or resolve technical or operational problems.
- •Orients property managers to the accounting function and coaches to effectively manage their department’s financial performance.
- Other tasks/projects as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in finance, Accounting, or a related field.
- Five (5) or more years of experience in a similar role.
- In-depth knowledge of GAAP and the Uniform Standard of Accounts for the Lodging Industry.
- Proficiency with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and SharePoint.
- Experience with PeopleSoft ERP, Opera, Micros, and Essbase is highly desired.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy in financial reporting.
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills, with the ability to effectively communicate financial concepts to non-financial stakeholders.
- Ability to work well under pressure and effectively handle multiple priorities and meet deadlines in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills that build trust and instill confidence in order to motivate and influence others.
- Ability to take the initiative to identify, prioritize and implement all elements required for the team to fulfill responsibilities in accordance with core strategic goals.
- Strong problem-solving skills, including the ability to effectively address any issue in collaboration with others as appropriate; ability to interpret complex financial data and provide actionable insights; ability to help develop problem-solving skills among direct reports and other team members as appropriate.
- Ability to collaborate with others and act in an objective manner in order to effectively solve problems and stay on track toward accomplishing organizational goals.
- Strong project management skills, including the ability to manage details through to completion and ensure project deadlines are met.
What you can expect from us:
The annual pay range for this role is $105,000.00 to $115,000.00. This range is only applicable for jobs to be performed at Regent Santa Monica Beach. This is the lowest to highest pay scale we in good faith believe we would pay for this role at the time of this posting. We may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range, and the range may be modified in the future. A team member’s pay position within the pay range will be based on several factors including, but limited to, relevant education, qualifications, certifications, experience, skills, seniority, geographic location, performance, shift, travel requirements, sales or revenue-based metrics, and business or organizational needs.
Note: No amount of pay is considered to be wages or compensation until such amount is earned, vested, and determinable. The amount and availability of any bonus, commission, or any other form of compensation that are allocable to a particular employee remains in the Company's sole discretion unless and until paid and may be modified at the Company’s sole discretion, consistent with the law.
Join us and you’ll become part of the global IHG family – and like all families, all our individual team members share some winning characteristics. As a team, we work better together – we trust and support each other, we do the right thing and we welcome different perspectives. You need to show us you care, that you notice the little things that make a difference to guests as well as always looking for ways to improve.
In return we'll give you a competitive financial and benefits package which may include healthcare support, dental, vision, disability and life insurance support, and a matching 401k plan. Hotel discounts worldwide are available as well as access to a wide variety of discount programs and the chance to work with a great team of people. Most importantly, we'll give you the room to be yourself.
So what's your passion? Please get in touch and tell us how you could bring your individual skills to IHG.
IHG is an equal opportunity employer: Minorities / Females / Disabled / Veterans.
Don't quite meet every single requirement, but still believe you'd be a great fit for the job? We'll never know unless you hit the 'Apply' button. Start your journey with us today and let's #GoFurtherTogether.