Hotel Brand: InterContinental Hotels
Location: United Arab Emirates, Abu Dhabi, Abu Dhabi
Job number: EMEAA25255
At InterContinental® Abu Dhabi our role is to put the glamour into international travel. That’s where you come in. We look for people who are charming, confident, and internationally-minded who know what it takes to exceed guest expectations. When you’re part of the InterContinental® Hotels & Resorts brand you’re more than just a job title. With its private beach and marina, the InterContinental® Abu Dhabi hotel is an oasis of luxury near the Corniche and world-class shopping malls. Host an event in a grand ballroom, on a terrace with sea views or in a beachfront garden . You can relax at the health club with inviting pools and admire marina yachts from your spacious room. The hotel includes 390 guest rooms and suites, highly acclaimed food and beverage outlets, and elegant meeting rooms.
Your day to day
We currently offer an exciting career opportunity for an Assistant Director of Convention Sales - in charge.
As the Assistant Director of Convention Sales in charge you'll make sure all our large client meetings and events run smoothly - acting as both brand ambassador and trusted partner. You'll connect internal teams to deliver a seamless , true luxury experience for planners, hosts and meeting attendees. You will drive performance and accountability and develop the services team and improve their performance through coaching, feedback and development plans.
What we need from you
• Experience in the same/similar role in the hotel industry.
• Due to the nature of the role, fluency in Arabic language is highly preferred and familiarity with the UAE market is an advantage.
• Strong presentation, commercial and communication skills
• A strong commitment to delivering a five-star, true luxury experience
• Strong adaptability in an environment of ambiguity or change.
• Proactive approach to event planning, developing and maintaining strong relations with clients and stakeholders
• Strategic and tactical thinker - establish goals and objectives, set performance targets and deliver projects on time.
What we offer
In return we'll give you a competitive financial and benefits package and the chance to work with a great team of people. Most importantly, we'll give you the Room to be yourself. So what's your passion? Please get in touch if this position matches your skills and interests and tell us how you could bring your individual competencies by clicking "Apply Online". At IHG we are committed to developing our team and managing our talent and would encourage internal as well as external candidates to apply for any of our vacancies.
*We are an equal opportunities employer.