Analytics Specialist (Business Intelligence)
Location: Philippines, National Capital Region (Manila), Makati City
Job number: R204697
IHG Hotels & Resorts is one of the world’s leading hotel companies, with around 350,000 people working across more than 100 countries to deliver True Hospitality for everyone while delivering the best returns for our hotel partners. We have more than 5,800 leased, managed or owned hotels. Our 16 brands help guests create amazing memories with the help of an incredible team. Opportunities of all kinds are born at IHG.
You’ll know our hotel brands. They are some of the best known and most popular in the world - InterContinental Hotels & Resorts, Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants, Regent, Voco Hotels, Holiday Inn, Holiday Inn Express, Holiday Inn Resort, Holiday Inn Club Vacations, Crowne Plaza Hotels & Resorts, Hotel Indigo, Staybridge Suites, Candlewood Suites, EVEN Hotels, HUALUXE™ Hotels and Resorts, and Avid Hotel. Every IHG brand has its own feel and culture. But all bring guests together to create treasured moments.
We bring True Hospitality to everyone by connecting our portfolio of leading hotel brands, our leading-edge systems and our ways of reaching customers, with the passion and dedication of our colleagues around the world. Individually, these are strengths. Together, they give us the platform to deliver exceptional growth and the confidence to know we can make a difference to travelers everywhere.
At IHG we employ people who put our guests at the heart of everything they do. And we're looking for more people like this to join our friendly and professional team.
Your day to day
Provide strategic analytical support to various stakeholders within the marketing organization. Enable business leaders to make data-driven decisions with nuanced context. Work closely with business partners and functional teams on high value global or regional initiatives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities – (Key Activities of the role)
- Own and maintain database needed to produce reports and dashboards.
- Design and publish reports and dashboards catering to the needs of stakeholders.
- Build a strong working knowledge of the different business functional areas and corresponding databases, and effectively gather requirements from the business while acting as their point of contact.
- Provide ad hoc query support and insights to all Global Insights, Intelligence & Data and Marketing team clients
- Effectively communicate findings and recommendations to appropriate staff
What we need from you
Required Skills –
- Proficient use of data visualization tools, specifically Tableau.
- Demonstrates strategic thinking and strong business acumen through a proven ability to analyze markets, performance data, and business issues and draw insight/conclusions that can drive stakeholder decisions
- Demonstrates competence in SQL & Big Query programming. Experience in Python is a plus.
- Demonstrates advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Basic project management skills and ability to manage multiple priorities
Bachelor's or master’s degree with a concentration in Statistics, Mathematics, Operations Research, Marketing or other related field of study, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience.
3-5 years of progressive work-related experience in Analytics, with demonstrated proficiency and understanding in one or more functions related to the position
Don't quite meet every single requirement, but still believe you'd be a great fit for the job? We'll never know unless you hit the 'Apply' button. Start your journey with us today and let's #GoFurtherTogether.