Analyst, Capital Investments & Transactions
Hotel Brand: IHG Corporate
Location: United States, Georgia, Atlanta
Hotel: Corp Atlanta Ravinia (ATLR3)
Job number: R186871
Bringing True Hospitality to the world.
We want to welcome you to a world of bringing True Hospitality to everyone. When you join us at IHG®, you become part of our global family. A welcoming culture of warmth, honesty and a passion for providing True Hospitality.
We pride ourselves on letting your personality and passions shine, recognizing the individual contribution you make and supporting your ambition to learn and create your own career path. In making a difference to our guests and owners, colleagues and communities, every day is a chance to create great and unique experiences, in your own way.
With over 370,000 colleagues in nearly 100 countries sharing our values, there’s countless opportunities at your fingertips.
We’re growing; grow with us.
Your day to day
The primary responsibility of the Analyst, Capital Investments & Transactions (“CIT”) is to support the team in driving IHG’s key strategic growth initiatives through investments and partnerships.
The Capital Investments & Transactions (“CIT”) team is responsible for all aspects of the acquisition / corporate M&A and real estate investment process, including: sourcing, analyzing and executing both single-asset and portfolio investments; managing current and attracting new capital partners; overseeing asset management for existing investments; and general business and partnership development activities.
The Analyst will be responsible for assisting and supporting the team on all project aspects, with a focus on business, financial and market analysis; financial modelling and investment analysis; corporate and asset due diligence; and the preparation of presentations and internal memos.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Support the evaluation and execution of (i) IHG’s investments into strategic initiatives, including corporate / brand acquisitions, single-asset or portfolio transactions, and corporate partnerships and (ii) the ongoing asset management of IHG’s existing investments (i.e. wholly-owned assets, minority investments, leases, loans, etc.)
- Business, Financial and Market Analysis – Responsible for using various internal and external sources to summarize, analyze and present key findings and trends for contemplated M&A, investments, or partnerships. Needs to be resourceful in finding and accessing information and understanding key industry trends. Should be comfortable reviewing financial statements and able to convey findings, suggestions, and concerns with analysis.
- Financial Modelling and Investment Analysis – Must demonstrate an excellent understanding of general corporate finance and valuation concepts (NPV, IRR, DCF, etc.), ideally with an emphasis on hotel and real estate transactions. Responsible for creating financial models and coordinating financial analysis with other internal teams (Finance, Development, Operations, etc.).
- Corporate and Asset Due Diligence – Key member of due diligence coordination during transaction execution, including the hiring of third-party advisors and consultants and overseeing the full due diligence effort.
- Prepare Presentations, Briefing Notes and Capital Papers – Responsible for preparing presentations for both internal and external constituents. Participate in the writing of necessary internal notes, memorandums and capital approval papers to be presented to various regional committees, the Executive Committee, and IHG’s Board of Directors.
- Perform other special projects as needed or assigned by CIT, Development, Finance, Operations, Strategy, or Brand Management.
What we need from you
Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Finance, Economics, Business, Hotel Management, or a relevant field of work, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience.
2 to 4+ years of work experience managing financial projects, ideally in the hospitality and real estate sectors. Preference for prior work experience in investment banking / capital markets, consulting, investing, or a similar environment.
Technical skills and Knowledge –
- Interest in the hospitality industry with knowledge of market drivers and competitive landscape.
- Strong understanding of accounting, corporate finance and investment analysis concepts (NPV, IRR, DCF, etc.), with more detailed knowledge of hotel and real estate finance principles a plus. Demonstrated ability to analyze and draw conclusions from financial, statistical and market data.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills for the purpose of providing information to senior management and staff.
- Prior experience in navigating and analyzing legal documents or hotel contracts is a plus.
- Knowledge and experience using Excel, PowerPoint, Word and other related programs. Knowledge of Tableau a plus, but not essential.
- Highly organized and strong attention to details. Positive attitude, team player.
- Position based in Atlanta. Must be able to travel approximately 10-20% of the time.
What we offer
We’ll reward all your hard work with a great salary and benefits – including great room discount and superb training.
Join us and you’ll become part of the global IHG family – and like all families, all our individual team members share some winning characteristics. As a team, we work better together – we trust and support each other, we do the right thing and we welcome different perspectives. You need to show us you care, that you notice the little things that make a difference to guests as well as always looking for ways to improve - click here to find out more about us.
IHG is an equal opportunity employer: Minorities / Females / Disabled / Veterans