Hotel Brand: IHG Corporate
Location: India, Haryana, Gurgaon
Hotel: Corp India GSC Delivery Centre
Job number: R185912
Job Profile Analyst – Hotel Accounting Job Code Band 8 FLSA (US only)
Job Family Group Finance Region Global Last Updated May’19
Business Titles (Optional)
Purpose of the role
This role provides accounting support and maintains the books of accounts for a group of owned / managed hotels including month end close,
Balance Sheet Reconciliations, Owner’s reporting, Cash flows and Audit support. The Job includes executing all deliverables per SLA & other
related tasks on day to day basis as per agreed timelines. This position will be required to support various accounting, reporting, MIS and
continuous process improvement initiatives undertaken from time to time.
Your day to day
Key Accountabilities Key Metrics
• Maintain books of accounts for a group of owned / managed hotels with full accuracy,
including Journals preparation / upload, GL Review, P&L Analysis, Trend Analysis,
Month end close, Cash flows, Owner’s Reporting etc.
• Prepare Balance Sheet Reconciliations with proper backups and resolve all open items
in a timely manner.
• Ensure that all accruals / provisions, reclassifications, true-ups are posted in respective
period along with monthly amortization of prepaid expenses.
• All deliverables should be completed as per agreed SLA.
• Provide full support in managing all queries related to various audits on time to time
• Provide support in preparing various MIS reports for internal analysis and for the review
of Business teams / Owners.
• Suggest ideas to have continuous process improvements in existing processes along
• Regular interaction with other accounting teams across functions.
• Training documents / SOPs are prepared and updated on regular basis of each activity
• Accurate & correct statement, reports & data is provided to internal & external customers
within time lines assigned.
• Backup plan during leaves and assisting other members during the leaves – Ensuring all
reports, queries are addressed as per timelines
All assigned deliverables should be completed as per SLA
Accuracy in maintaining hotels financials
90 days + Ageing of Balance Sheet Open items
Team Lead/Assistant Manager
Direct Reports / Indirect Reports
• Direct Reports – Nil
• Indirect Reports - Nil
Key Collaborative Network
Key Shared Accountabilities Key Interfaces
• Regular interaction with hotels’ spoc and
various accounting teams across functions,
• Continuous improvement of all areas in
scope in compliance with specific Service
Key vendors, professional associations,
industry experts to keep informed of
existing and evolving industry standards
What we need from you
Required Education, Experience, Technical Skills and Knowledge
Education: Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Management, or similar, or
an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience.
● Experience A minimum of 1-2 years’ work-related experience with demonstrated proficiency
and understanding in one or more accounting functions related to the position.
Technical Skills and Knowledge
• Effective team player with a positive attitude & proactive approach
• Demonstrated Good Analytical skills and intermediate level knowledge of PeopleSoft or other
enterprise financial systems and Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel)
• Demonstrated effective communication skills
• Demonstrated proficiency in recognizing & resolving problems or inconsistencies in
transactions and systems
What we offer
● This position has impact regarding the prioritization of work and for
identifying opportunities for improvement.
● This position has impact on interim review and adjustment of basic
financial statements to ensure timely and accurate delivery.
● This position has impact on maintaining hotels financials