Administrative Assistant (Full Time - Hotel Sales) - Holiday Inn San Antonio Riverwalk
Hotel Brand: Holiday Inn
Location: United States, Texas, San Antonio
Hotel: San Antonio-Riverwalk (SATRW), 217 North St. Mary's Street, 78205
Job number: 116236
What's your passion? Whether you're into tennis, painting or gardening, at IHG we're interested in YOU!
At IHG we employ people who apply the same amount of care and passion to their jobs as they do their hobbies - people who put our guests at the heart of everything they do. And we're looking for more people like this to join our friendly and professional team.
The Holiday Inn San Antonio Riverwalk is located in the center of downtown San Antonio. Our hotel is nestled along the beautiful banks of the San Antonio Riverwalk, as well as steps away from beautiful historical landmarks in the downtown area.
Perform a variety of administrative duties for general managers and/or staff of an assigned department or hotel function.
- Serve as the first point of contact for callers and visitors contacting the office/department. Respond to inquires and provide information in a prompt and professional manner and according to established procedures. Refer persons to appropriate staff members for further assistance or information.
- Prepare a variety of correspondence, reports, and/or presentations which may include:
- Gathering and summarizing information from various sources
- Analysis and summary of data
- Creating spreadsheets, charts, and/or graphics
- Entering, retrieving and/or manipulating data within software programs or databases
- Organize and expedite flow of work; follow-up on pending matters; communicate and interpret instructions; and communicate information to staff or clients in manager’s absence. Maintain manager's appointment calendar and complete and submit expense reports; coordinate telephone/conference calls and incoming mail; set up and maintain filing systems, etc. Maintain an organized, clean, and professional work area
- Complete and/or coordinate activities related to assigned projects; assist in establishing project timetables, action steps and status updates; follow-up, as appropriate, to ensure timely execution to meet established deadlines.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Requirements:
High School diploma or equivalent plus one year of office clerical experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Some college preferred. Fluency in the local language required. Other languages preferred.
This job requires ability to perform the following:
- Carrying or lifting items weighing up to 25 pounds
- Use a keyboard to generate documents, correspondence, reports, presentations, etc. mostly while sitting.
- Handling objects, products and computer equipment/keyboard
- Communication skills are utilized a significant amount of time when interacting with others; demonstrated ability to interact with guests, employees and third parties that reflects highly on the hotel, the brand and the Company.
- Excellent computer skills including MS Word, PowerPoint and Excel. Ability to type at least 45 WPM.
- Reading and writing abilities are utilized often when compiling correspondence or performing other administrative functions.
- Basic mathematical skills are used frequently.
- May be required to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays.
The statements in this job description are intended to describe the essential nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be ALL responsibilities or qualifications of the job.
We’ll reward all your hard work with a great salary and benefits – including a uniform, great room discount and superb training. We offer free onsite parking, employee meals and so much more! We’ll reward all your hard work with a great salary and benefits – including a uniform, great room discount and superb training. We offer free onsite parking, employee meals and so much more!
Our mission is to welcome everyone and create inclusive teams where we celebrate difference and encourage colleagues to bring their whole selves to work. IHG Hotels & Resorts provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability. We promote a culture of trust, support, and acceptance. Always welcoming different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives.
IHG gives every member of the team the room they need to belong, grow and make a difference in a collaborative environment. We know that to work well, we need to feel well – both inside and outside of work – and through our myWellbeing framework, we are committed to supporting wellbeing in your health, lifestyle, and workplace.
So, join us and you’ll become part of our ever-growing global family.
Not Applicable for Colorado Applicants
IHG is an equal opportunity employer: Minorities / Females / Disabled / Veterans.
Don't quite meet every single requirement, but still believe you'd be a great fit for the job? We'll never know unless you hit the 'Apply' button. Start your journey with us today and let's #GoFurtherTogether.