The beauty and nature of the world’s most preserved pristine marine paradise continues to inspire generations past and present – connected by 340 islands. Surrounded by natural barriers, the people of Palau have managed to connect their lives by living in perfect harmony with their Miraculous Sea. From its humble beginnings of coral rising above the sea, the weathered craftmanship of time have made Palau into a rich biodiversity of marine wildlife, fauna and flora. The perfect natural setting for stories of timeless folklore and unique ways of life.
Is organization and orderliness your jam? To set our hotel up right and off to an unforgettable start, we’re looking for a Hotel Administration Assistant who can make internal admin requirements feel seamless, offer exceptional local context to our ways of working, and anticipate tasks and needs of the hotel to make things run smoothly.
Our Hotel Administrative Assistant is responsible for performing various administrative and clerical tasks to support the day-to-day operations of the hotel. This role involves working closely with different departments and ensuring efficient communication and coordination.
A little taste of your day-to-day:
- Maintain and update guest records and reservation information.
- Handle incoming calls and emails, directing inquiries to the appropriate departments.
- Assist with managing hotel schedules and appointments.
- Prepare and distribute daily reports and memos.
Support to Management:
- Assist the hotel manager or general manager with various tasks and projects.
- Compile data and generate reports for management analysis.
- Participate in staff meetings and provide input on improving hotel operations.
- Maintain organized records of hotel information, crisis manuals, paperwork relating to community interactions or as required to meet local requirements.
- Help manage inventory of office supplies and forms.
Compliance and Safety:
- Ensure adherence to hotel policies, including safety and security protocols.
- Assist with emergency response procedures and guest safety.
There may also be a requirement to assist on the Front Desk or in Reservations as determined by business demand
What we need from you:
- High school diploma or equivalent; additional education or hospitality-related training is a plus.
- Strong customer service and communication skills.
- Proficiency in computer applications, including hotel management software and MS Office.
- Excellent organizational and multitasking abilities.
- Attention to detail and accuracy in handling financial transactions.
- Ability to remain calm and professional in high-pressure situations.
- Prior experience in a hotel or hospitality setting is preferred.
What you can expect from us:
We give our people everything they need to succeed. From a competitive salary that rewards all your hard work to a wide range of benefits designed to help you live your best work life – including a full uniform, impressive room discounts and some of the best training in the business.
Our mission is to welcome everyone and create inclusive teams where we celebrate difference and encourage colleagues to bring their whole selves to work. IHG Hotels & Resorts provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability. We promote a culture of trust, support, and acceptance. Always welcoming different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives.
IHG gives every member of the team the room they need to belong, grow and make a difference in a collaborative environment. We know that to work well, we need to feel well – both inside and outside of work – and through our myWellbeing framework, we are committed to supporting wellbeing in your health, lifestyle, and workplace.
So, join us and you’ll become part of our ever-growing global family.
At IHG, we’ve made a promise. As one of the world’s leading hotel groups, we’re here to deliver True Hospitality for Good. Making our guests and colleagues feel welcome, cared for, recognised and respected – wherever they are in the world. Want to be part of the journey?
Hotel Indigo is an upper-upscale boutique brand that captures the true spirit of the neighborhoods our hotels belong to. With over 125 properties worldwide, we look for individuals that can inspire our guests to make unique discoveries. Opening the door to meaningful connections to the diverse people, places, and cultures of the local area.
Making travel inspiring. It’s what we do. Let’s Go Further Together.
Don't quite meet every single requirement, but still believe you'd be a great fit for the job? We'll never know unless you hit the 'Apply' button. Start your journey with us today and let's #GoFurtherTogether.