Accounting Specialist-Hotel Indigo LES
Hotel Brand: Hotel Indigo
Location: United States, New York, New York
Hotel: Indigo - Lower East Side New York (NYCOS)
Job number: R202944
Do you see yourself as an Accounting Specialist for our trendy Hotel Indigo Lower East Side Manhattan property? What's your passion? Whether you're into tennis, shopping or karaoke, at IHG we're interested in YOU. At IHG we employ people who apply the same amount of care and passion to their jobs as they do their hobbies - people who put our guests at the heart of everything they do. And we're looking for more people like this to join our friendly and professional team.
At Hotel Indigo® we deliver inspired service. In all we do, we are vibrant, curious and original.
· Be vibrant by carrying ourselves in a way that says to our guests we are energetic, motivated, confident.
· Be curious by being aware of our hotel and neighborhood and going out of our way to help guests learn and discover what's going on.
· Be original by building connections with our guests and being imaginative to create memorable experiences.
Your day to day
· Implement general payroll policies and procedures and monitor adherence to guidelines. Monitor and analyze payroll cost, payroll standards, and budgeted standards as needed.
· Prepare and transmit payroll entries within established timeframes. Download and edit information from timekeeping system. Audit and post entries into payroll system, including gratuities. Ensure that correct payments are made, taxes are withheld, overtime is correctly charged and paid, and that payroll is processed and executed according to all state, federal and local laws, rules and regulations.
· May perform additional accounting-related duties such as processing retrieval and chargebacks from credit card companies, assisting in posting payroll charges to the general ledger, troubleshooting time clocks or payroll system issues, working with Accounting staff on payroll bank accounts and cash levels, preparing hotel payables for payroll-related expenses, etc.
· Accounts Payable: Ensure all invoices/ vendor forms/ Specialty activities are processed timely and accurately
· Support all customer and business queries
· Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with other departments. Key departmental contacts include department heads throughout the hotel, for the purpose of providing or obtaining information regarding payroll.
· Perform other payroll-related duties as needed, such as returning unclaimed paychecks, preparing human resources or accounting documentation or reports on payroll-related statistics, ensuring checks are distributed in a secure and timely manner, etc.
· Troubleshoot payroll problems/issues for employees as requested. Coordinate resolution with IHG Corporate office or payroll vendor as appropriate.
· Prepare manual checks or advance payment requests as needed or required.
· Maintain orderly filing systems for all payroll supportive documentation and payroll reports. Maintain confidentiality of payroll information regarding past and present employees, and adequately safeguard payroll files.
· May assist with other duties as needed.
What we need from you
High school diploma or equivalent and 1 year experience in an accounting clerical, front office, paymaster or accounts payable position or similar; or an equivalent combination of education and work experience. Ability to speak fluent English required. Some college coursework in Accounting preferred.
This job requires ability to perform the following:
· Must have OPERA experience
· Carrying or lifting items weighing up to 25 pounds
· Standing up and moving about the front office or other designated areas
· Communicating with other people
· Handling objects, supplies, boxes of merchandise, etc.
· Performing computerized accounting tasks or generating invoices or correspondence using a computer.
· Bending, stooping, kneeling, crouching, reaching
· Reading abilities are utilized often when reading invoices and work materials.
· Mathematical skills are used frequently to perform calculations, reconcile account balances, etc.
· Must have basic knowledge of computerized financial reporting systems and programs.
· Attention to detail is necessary to ensure the accuracy of financial and accounting transactions.
· May be required to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays.
What we offer
In return we'll give you a competitive financial and benefits package which can include healthcare and dental coverage, disability and life insurance, and a matched 401(k) program. Hotel discounts worldwide are available as well as the chance to work with a great team of people. Most importantly, we'll give you the room to be yourself. So what's your passion? Please click "Apply Online" and tell us how you could bring your individual skills to IHG. IHG is an equal opportunity employer: Minorities / Females / Disabled / Veterans
Don't quite meet every single requirement, but still believe you'd be a great fit for the job? We'll never know unless you hit the 'Apply' button. Start your journey with us today and let's #GoFurtherTogether.