Accounting Specialist - Hotel Indigo Los Angeles Downtown
Hotel Brand: Hotel Indigo
Location: United States, California, Los Angeles
Hotel: Indigo - Los Angeles Downtown (LAXFS)
Job number: R189279
A little curiosity can take you anywhere. So, at Hotel Indigo ®, we do more than satisfy our guest’s curiosity, we inspire them. Our passionate colleagues help create memorable and unique experiences for our guests; in a place truly connected to the local neighborhood, infused with intriguing design and local flavors. Where every day brings new discoveries, fresh experiences, and unexpected ideas. And just like our hotels, no two colleagues are the same. So we’re curious about you. How will you inspire the eclectic rhythm in our hotels? How will you bring the local neighborhood story to life? At Hotel Indigo® hotels, we’re excited to meet spirited characters who can delight the most curious guests.
Your day to day
This role is responsible for performing a variety of routine accounting duties to ensure correct reporting of revenues and costs, the timely payment of invoices, and/or timely receipt of monies owed to the hotel. Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with other departments.
- Responsible for maintenance of normal and routine controls to ensure reasonable protection of company assets.
- Maintain files of all accounting-related and/or audit documentation; may assist with clerical duties such as typing or phone coverage.
- May assist in various storeroom areas to include receiving, storing and dispersing hotel goods to ensure that each department's supply needs are met in a timely and efficient manner. Reconcile banquet bar requisitions.
- May perform additional accounting-related duties such as transferring a balanced edt each day, ensuring compliance with Internal Control Questionnaires, ensuring timely and proper payment of employees and reconciling time records to payroll, etc. May maintain purchase order system integrity or monitor/track other financial control procedures or systems.
What we need from you
High school diploma or equivalent and 1-year experience in an accounting clerical, front office, or reservations position or similar; or an equivalent combination of education and work experience. Ability to speak fluent English required. This job requires ability to perform the following:
- Carrying or lifting items weighing up to 25 pounds
- Standing up and moving about the front office or other designated areas
- Communicating with other people
- Handling objects, supplies, boxes of merchandise, etc.
- Bending, stooping, kneeling, crouching, reaching
- Reading abilities are utilized often when reading invoices and work materials.
- Mathematical skills are used frequently to perform calculations, reconcile account balances, etc.
- Frequent contact with guests and outside vendors is necessary to resolve billing issues or answer questions.
- Strong customer service skills are required.
- May be required to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays.
What we offer
In return we'll give you a competitive financial and benefits package which may include healthcare support, dental, vision, disability and life insurance support, and a matching 401k plan. Hotel discounts worldwide are available as well as access to a wide variety of discount programs and the chance to work with a great team of people. Most importantly, we'll give you the room to be yourself. So, what's your passion? Please get in touch and tell us how you could bring your individual skills to IHG.
IHG is an equal opportunity employer: Minorities / Females / Disabled / Veterans.