ANA InterContinental Tokyo / Director of Facility Management
Hotel Brand: InterContinental Hotels
Location: Japan, Tokyo, Tokyo
Job number: EMEAA21830
At IHG, everyone has room to be themselves. That's what makes our 5,795 hotels and offices the energetic, passionate and special places they are to work in. We've got a fantastic opportunity for an enthusiastic and organized person to join us as a Director of Facility Management!
We love people who apply the same amount of care and passion to their jobs as they do their hobbies - people who help us create great hotels guests love.
At InterContinental Hotels & Resorts® we want our guests to feel special, cosmopolitan and In the Know which means we need you to:
- Be charming by being approachable, having confidence and showing respect.
- Stay in the moment by understanding and anticipating guests’ needs, being attentive and taking ownership
of getting things done.
- Make it memorable by being knowledgeable, sharing stories and showing your style to create moments that make people feel special.
Your day to day
Responsible for the efficient operation of the hotel property and all its equipment, ancillary maintenance and repair services and protection of the Owner’s asset. Structural aspects of the hotel as well as the maintenance of grounds and external facilities all fall within the span of responsibility.
-Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide advice to senior management on all aspects of engineering support, environmental controls and the operational efficiency of the property.
- Ensure the effective financial management of the engineering department by setting maintenance budgets, capital works programs and engineering plans and ensuring that performance against there are regularly monitored and reviewed. Responsible for the general cost control aspects of maintenance, the preparation of departmental cost budgets and their implementation and submission to management.
- Ensure the effective financial management of the Capital Plan by setting realistic capital budgets, cash flows, capital works programs and equity asset plans and ensuring that performance against these are regularly monitored and reviewed. Responsible for the general cost control aspects of each project, the preparation and submission of budget estimates to management and their successful implementation.
- Take control of Capital Project planning, in liaison with management, to ensure capital funding is effectively allocated and budgeted in accordance with company directives and philosophy.
- Plan, implement and administer a five-year Capital Plan, which is updated annually against InterContinental Hotels Group Divisional Capital funding allocations. Liaise closely with the Director of Finance and the Director of Engineering to meet these criteria.
- Provide input as required into the formulation of the annual Strategic Equity Asset Plan (Owned properties).
- Ensure Executive Committee awareness of the Capital Program within the property by conducting regular updates at each meeting. Attend and present to the board of directors as and when required. Attend the morning briefing meeting daily and update staff on progress.
- Plan, implement and administer an energy management program by establishing energy reduction objectives, the maintenance of records and regular reporting of performance against these objectives.
- Ensure InterContinental standards and requirements are effectively met for each project undertaken by liaising regularly with InterContinental Hotels Group Technical Services Department. Ensure quality standards are achieved for each project undertaken and defects are completely resolved prior to issuing final accounts.
- Ensure adherence to all statutory regulations and fire codes by regularly reviewing policies and safety procedures for each project. Ensure that any tests and inspections required on equipment are carried out and records maintained. Ensure all building codes and relevant ordinance requirements are met and all building department requirements and submissions are submitted and final approval is achieved.
- Ensure a technically competent project team by selecting qualified consultants and selecting contractors based on previous experience, quality and price. Carry out regular work sampling during the project and proactively feedback to the contractor and consultant team and senior management.
- Ensure the staff awareness of energy management within the property by conducting regular education and training programs on energy conservation and matters related to efficient operation of equipment in a cost-effective fashion.
What we need from you
Required Skills –
- Communication skills are utilized a significant amount of time when interacting with others; demonstrated ability to interact with customers, employees and third parties that reflects highly on the hotel, the brand and the Company.
- Good communication and writing skills
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office
- Problem solving, reasoning, motivating, organizational and training abilities
- Strong Leadership skills in managing teams to drive for results
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or equivalent
- Business English
- Flexibility in working hours including overnight
- 4 years of engineering experience with two years in a management capacity, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Type and level of experience required may vary slightly based on size and complexity of operation
What we offer
Create an environment of coaching and regular quality feedback for colleagues, creating a high-performance culture.
On-Boarding and “Buddy” for new staff.
Actively participate in personal training and development, ensuring any pre/post-course activity is undertaken.
In return, we'll give you a competitive benefits package including salary, discounted accommodation world wide and the opportunity to progress your career. You'll have the chance to work with a great team of people, and most importantly, we'll give you Room to be yourself.
So what's your passion? Tell us more about yourself by clicking "Apply Online" now!
To find out more about us or any other jobs with IHG please look at www.ihg.com/careers