Sous Chef (Vollzeit) - voco Kirkton Park Hotel Hunter Valley
Ort: Australien, New South Wales, Pokolbin
Hotel: Voco ™ - Kirkton Park Hotel Hunter Valley
Job number: EMEAA35574
voco Kirkton Park Hunter Valley is located in the heart of the Hunter Valley, just over two hours north of Sydney. It offers premier boutique style accommodation, with a scenic rose garden, breathtaking vineyard views and great leisure facilities.
An exciting opportunity has become available for an enthusiastic and team orientated professional to join voco Kirkton Park Hunter Valley team as a full time Sous Chef. If you're passionate about food, looking to continuous grow & develop your skills and excited to work with a creative team in the heart of the Hunter Valley - then take the next step in your culinary career and apply!
Your day to day
In partnership with our Executive Chef, you will as our second in charge, assist in managing the daily kitchen operations of our diverse Food & Beverage Operation including Locavore Restaurant, Epoche Lounge Bar, The Conservatory, In-Room Dining and Conference and Events.
You will assist in leading colleagues with a genuine care to train and develop, while personally assisting in all areas of the kitchen, including food production; purchasing and kitchen sanitation. Your position contributes to ensuring guest and college satisfaction while achieving the operating budget.
Your knowledge of highlighting local cuisine and produce will be vital to create memorable Hunter Valley experiences, in addition to working closely with your food & beverage colleagues to drive all food & beverage opportunities for the hotel.
What we need from you
Our passionate foodie must have:
- A formal Commercial Cookery Certification
- Previous experience as a Sous Chef or strong leadership experience as Chef de Partie
- Strong skill base and experience in a la carte, banqueting and buffet food production
- 'Hands On' style, who understands and can deliver on the expectations of a modern and contemporary guest experience
- Ongoing commitment to quality and providing a truly unique experience to our guests
- Possess great attention to detail
- Demonstrated performance leading a successful team
- Excellent time management skills
- Superior communication skills
- A working knowledge and understanding of HACCP procedures, including the training of colleagues in procedures
- Rostering, ordering & payroll knowledge will be highly regarded
- High standard of personal presentation
- You must meet the legal requirements to work in this country.
What we offer
In return, you will be rewarded with a range of benefits that supports you throughout your IHG career journey
- Relocation support available
- Paid Birthday Leave
- Enhanced parental leave program
- Flexible work options - talk to us about what works for you
- Proactive paid wellness and mental health days
- Some of the best colleague discounts across our IHG Hotels for accommodation, food and beverage
- An immense colleague discounts platform for all your favourite brands and retailers
- Be apart of a high performing and supportive team environment
Your career journey will be supported through our lifelong development programs, IHG career milestone celebrations, and transfer of entitlements as you move and grow with IHG.
We are proud to be voco Kirkton Park Hunter Valley and proud to be IHG and we know you will be too.
Visit https://careers.ihg.com/en/ to find out more about us.
Don't quite meet every single requirement, but still believe you'd be a great fit for the job? We'll never know unless you hit the 'Apply' button. Start your journey with us today and let's #GoFurtherTogether!
Don't quite meet every single requirement, but still believe you'd be a great fit for the job? We'll never know unless you hit the 'Apply' button. Start your journey with us today and let's #GoFurtherTogether.