Standort: Vereinigtes Königreich, Windsor
Hotel: Corp Windsor, Windsor One, Arthur Road, IHG Hotels & Resorts, SL4 1RS
Job number: 120046
IHG Hotels & Resorts is one of the largest and most recognisable hospitality groups in the world with a family of 19 brands including InterContinental, Holiday Inn and Crowne Plaza amongst many others. Approximately 350,000 people work across IHG’s hotels and our corporate offices in 100+ countries. We are a FTSE 100 company and are proudly listed on the London Stock Exchange.
This role is working for the IHG Owners Association (IHGOA), the IHGOA is independent from IHG and is dedicated to strengthening the returns on investments in IHG Hotels. Our unwavering commitment to quality, belief in the necessity of teamwork and understanding of the importance of ROI for owners is reflected in everything we do.
We are the voice of IHG hoteliers around the globe, working hand in hand with IHG senior executives to build brand value and drive down costs while improving quality, the profitability of our members' hotels and the strength of our system.
- We advocate for our members' long-term interests with IHG and the industry.
- We engage our members through new opportunities to grow their businesses profitably.
- We collaborate with IHG, each other and the communities we serve to create and share innovative ideas.
Your day to day
We welcome applications from intuitive, confident, self-starters with a “can do” attitude who are interested in joining us as a Senior Operations Administrator (known internally as a Working Group Manager).
The IHGOA Working Group Manager reports to the Regional Director EMEAA. This individual is responsible for overseeing and executing the IHGOA Engagement Module facilitating meetings between owner volunteers and IHG. The IHGOA Engagement Model is a vital component of the IHG Owners Association and the ongoing relationship management between all key stakeholders is vital.
The Working Group Manager is a vital member of our close-knit team. You will be the liaison between all key stakeholders, and you will ensure all meetings are efficient and effective by determining which owner volunteers are represented on each committee and planning ALL meeting logistics on behalf of the committee leadership. Additionally, the Working Group Manager supports the general operations of Working Groups including the application process, seating of committees, managing engagement on the committees and the engagement with all stakeholders.
Hotel experience is not essential, however, we are looking for someone who is dynamic, hungry to learn and resilient. This role can grow to be as big as you want it to be, by learning new areas of the business and taking on extra responsibility when you are comfortable.
- Maintain the IHGOA designated systems to ensure it is kept current with up-to-date committee rosters, distribution lists, confidentiality agreements, committee tenures and absentee tracking
- Update member and non-member contact details on central database
- Ensure records are kept of member queries, complaints and concerns are fully addressed on a timely basis in collaboration with the Regional Director, EMEAA
- Build positive relationships with members of the Working Groups
Working Groups and Regional Owner Meetings
- Ensure that all tasks are complete as per the meeting check lists
- Assist in sourcing hotels and meeting space for meetings
- Maintain meeting checklists for all meetings
- Review hotel and restaurant contracts as needed
- Liaise internally with IHG key stakeholders and OA colleagues
- Confirm attendance of Working Group members, Regional meetings and IHG representatives
- Take minutes of all Europe Regional Owner meetings and handles follow up on presentations and action items: distributes final versions to members
- Distribute and chase actions item responses with IHG executives advocating for owners,
- Track all meeting expenses against budget
What we need from you:
- Strong PC skills including proficiency in a variety of software packages
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Ability to handle multiple assignments and projects accurately and with attention to detail.
- Ability to use initiative work independently
- Strong attention to detail in order to maintain accuracy of reporting data
- Problem-solving skills for the purpose of maintaining the daily flow of office work
What we offer
We give our colleagues greater flexibility and balance – working in a hybrid way, blending remote and office working. Every role is different, and colleagues work with their team and their leader to determine how and when they collaborate in person. We like to believe we offer a unique culture where you have room to be yourself.
Alongside our great working environment, we’ll offer you a strong industry competitive package, including healthcare and incredible worldwide hotel discounts.
As an equal opportunity employer, IHG is committed to providing a working culture that values diversity equity and inclusion and is committed to making reasonable adjustments to provide a barrier-free recruitment process and working environment.
Closing Date: 26th February 2024
Don't quite meet every single requirement, but still believe you'd be a great fit for the job? We'll never know unless you hit the 'Apply' button. Start your journey with us today.