Reservierungsagent - InterContinental Hayman Island Resort
Standort: Australien, Queensland, Sanctuary Cove
Hotel: Sanctuary Cove Resort (BNEQL), Manor Circle, 4212
IHG Hotels & Resorts is one of the world’s leading hotel companies with around 350,000 colleagues working across more than 100 countries. As part of the IHG team, our people help our guests create amazing memories and deliver our purpose of providing True Hospitality for Good.
The InterContinental Hayman Island Resort will immerse you in the wonders of the Whitsundays, working in a five-star luxury environment which offers amazing career growth opportunities, professional training & development and provides a one-of-a-kind experience living and working in a tropical island paradise.
Your day to day
A key role in our Reservations Team focused on ensuring our guests begin to experience the InterContinental Life, even before they arrive on the island. You’ll liaise directly with our guests via phone and email knowing efficiency, accuracy and personalised interactions are key to success in this role. On the daily, you’ll;
- Assist guests with reservation enquiries and think outside the box to make their stay memorable, while identifying opportunities to maximise their spend; from boat transfers to unique experiences, you’ll know how to tailor their stay and bring the InterContinental Life alive.
- Be responsible for providing prompt, courteous and efficient handling of all requests for guest reservations, changes and cancellations.
- Process all reservations prior to guest arrivals and work collaboratively with our Front Office team to ensure our guests have a seamless arrival experience and all requests are actioned.
- Manage a range of guests such as leisure, groups, corporate clients and travel agents.
- Be a Resort ambassador, positively representing the InterContinental and IHG brands.
*Please note this role is based at InterContinental Sanctuary Cove.
What we need from you
Ideally, you’ll have previous experience as a Guest Service Agent or Reservations Agent and at least one years’ experience in a Front Office Team and are looking for the next challenge in your career. You’ll have excellent communication and interpersonal skills, enthusiasm to work within a team, experience in delivering a high level of guest experience in a hotel environment and conflict resolution. Knowledge of a hotel property management system such as Opera would also be desirable.
What we offer
- Extensive Career Development opportunities with dedicated onsite trainers and an abundance of professional development including multi-hire programs, skills training, and optional courses.
- IHG Australia’s myBenefits program including paid birthday leave, wellbeing hub, employee room rates, service recognition celebrations & myPerks platform with an extensive list of lifestyle and retail discounts from over 400 of Australia and New Zealand’s most popular retailers.
How to Apply
Please visit Careers - InterContinental Hayman Island for further information regarding living and working on Hayman Island including accommodation types, facilities, and FAQ’s.
We also invite you to learn more by following our social channels: Facebook via @ICHIRcareers and Instagram via @ihg_australia_careers
We are proud to be IHG and we know you will be too.
Don't quite meet every single requirement, but still believe you'd be a great fit for the job? We'll never know unless you hit the 'Apply' button. Start your journey with us today.