Manager, Immobilientechnologie - Nord- und Südamerika
Hotelmarke: IHG Corporate
Ort: Vereinigte Staaten, Georgia, Atlanta
Hotel: Corp Atlanta Ravinia (ATLR3)
Bringing True Hospitality to the world.
We want to welcome you to a world of bringing True Hospitality to everyone. When you join us at IHG®, you become part of our global family. A welcoming culture of warmth, honesty and a passion for providing True Hospitality.
We pride ourselves on letting your personality and passions shine, recognizing the individual contribution you make and supporting your ambition to learn and create your own career path. In making a difference to our guests and owners, colleagues and communities, every day is a chance to create great and unique experiences, in your own way.
With over 370,000 colleagues in nearly 100 countries sharing our values, there’s countless opportunities at your fingertips.
We’re growing; grow with us.
Your day to day
Job Summary –
Responsible for working closely with our business sponsors and act as a bridge between our technology, product, and operational teams within the region. Deploy turn-key products and services for the region’s hotels from solutions designed internally and by vendors while driving adoption and compliance of IHG approved solutions within the region’s hotels.
Ensure that systems are deployed and used effectively to deliver maximum benefit in our hotels using best practices. Provide consultancy services relating to back office and guest facing technology for hotels, internal functions, key vendors and owner/franchisee groups to support the integration of key technologies.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities –
- Lead work streams to provide technical support and oversight for new hotel solution deployments (Premise and Cloud) within the Americas region to promote new business opportunities. This includes incorporating deep understanding of customer insights, markets, competition, and internal capabilities to inform the deployment strategy and implementation plan.
- Work with appropriate IHG teams (e.g. Product, Brand, Strategy, Procurement, Sales and Operations, etc. teams) to identify and develop and package turn-key guest facing and hotel solutions and products. Create and drive compliance programs to increase adoption of preferred solutions in the region’s hotels.
- Manage and monitor large scale technical projects and ensure the project activities are consistent with established standards that meet user and business objectives. Prepare internal management reports such as weekly project status report, time reporting against projects, meeting minutes, agendas and project plans.
- Evaluate the needs of key business stakeholders and the marketplace to identify and refine new opportunities to streamline the deployment activities.
- Provide project management and leadership to oversee the assigned deployment activities
- Work with both internal and external partners to develop a deployment plans to roll new hotel-based technology into the Americas hotels.
- Ability to deliver assigned projects across a Matrix organization.
- Provide onsite technical support for deployment activities as needed.
- Interpret customer business needs and translate them into application and operational requirements.
- Demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of people from all levels of the organisation: Managers, Owners and Investors, Business Sponsors, and Subject Matter Experts.
- Demonstrate a high understanding of the IHG Brands and interpret how technology is able to assist the hotels in delivering the guest experience for each brand.
- Responsible for developing design, best practice programs, documentation, processes and training to support the implementation of hotel and guest technologies, collaborating with other members of the technology solutions team where appropriate.
- Responsible for creating the installation and upgrade path for all hotels as they open or migrate to a new PMS, ensuring that they understand how to plan their installation / migration / configuration for optimal system performance and revenue enhancements.
- Provide subject matter support on escalated issues and manage continuous improvement process to ensure solutions remain competitive and supportable. Support the design, enhancement, and development of associated business processes, to ensure that business opportunities achieve their intended objectives.
What we need from you
Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Communications, Business, Information Systems, or a relevant field of work, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experienced.
6 to 10 years progressive work-related experience with demonstrated proficiency in multiple disciplines/processes related to the position including travel industry experience.
Technical Skills and Knowledge –
- Demonstrated strong project management experience in organizing, planning, and executing projects from conception through implementation.
- Demonstrated working knowledge and experience managing the technical deployments of hotel products such as PMS, POS, Sales & Catering, PBX, Networks, etc. This would include both premise and cloud deployments.
- Strong vendor management skills
- Demonstrated effective verbal and written communication skills for the purpose of interviewing and providing information to clients, vendors, senior management and staff. Demonstrated ability to present new concepts, research findings, and business outcomes to various groups including corporate clients, senior management, potential vendors, and industry consultants.
- Effective organizational, time management and communication skills.
- Demonstrated detail oriented, logical, analytical aptitude with the ability to conduct complex analysis on large amounts of data efficiently.
- Ability to independently create clear, well-organized discussion documents or presentations for senior level staff and external parties.
- Understanding of Global differences and ability to understand, evaluate and work within various cultural and global marketplace differences.
Number of employees supervised: Direct 0 Indirect 0
Decision making responsibilities -
- Serve as primary internal contact for specific new business initiatives or major workstreams of new business initiatives.
- Planning the hotel and guest application / solution development roadmap
- Determine system readiness for implementation based upon testing and beta results
- Approve the availability of assigned systems and solutions based on the certification and beta testing results.
- Direct and maintain the assigned deployment project plans, budgets and timelines
Internal Key Relationships –
- This position will work closely with Global Property, Owner, Enterprise Products & Platforms teams, Regional teams, and Global Technology teams and management to discuss projects, provide thought leadership on improvement opportunities and to address obstacles to project success.
- Frequent contact with other internal departments, primarily Global Property, Owner, Enterprise Products & Platforms teams and IHG selected suppliers.
External Key Relationships –
- Owners & Franchisees in the region
- Internal IHG teams, Consultants, and vendors supporting new business initiatives
- IHG selected technology partners such as Oracle, Amadeus, HPE, HPI, Insight, and others
Physical Requirements –
- Majority of work is performed in a normal office environment within a Hybrid work model
- Ability to travel less than 25% of time required.
What we offer
We’ll reward all your hard work with a great salary and benefits – including great room discount and superb training.
Join us and you’ll become part of the global IHG family – and like all families, all our individual team members share some winning characteristics. As a team, we work better together – we trust and support each other, we do the right thing and we welcome different perspectives. You need to show us you care, that you notice the little things that make a difference to guests as well as always looking for ways to improve - click here to find out more about us.
At IHG Hotels & Resorts, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. IHG Hotels & Resorts provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to an individual’s, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, marital or familial status, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
IHG is committed to promoting a culture of inclusion where everyone feels safe, respected and valued. We seek talent from all backgrounds to join our teams, and encourage our colleagues to bring their authentic and best selves to work.
Not Applicable for Colorado Applicants.