Cluster Reservations Agent - Reservations - InterContinental Hotels Group® Dubai Festival City
Hotel Brand: InterContinental
Location: United Arab Emirates, Dubai
Hotel: Dubai Festival City (DXBHB), PO 45777, 45777
Job number: 114369
Do you see yourself as a Cluster Reservations Agent for InterContinental Hotels Group® Dubai Festival City?
What's your passion? Whether you're into triathlon, exploring new restaurants or dancing the tango, at IHG we're interested in you. We love people who apply the same amount of passion and precision to their jobs as they do to their hobbies. Imagine working for a company that gives you Room to be yourself. Our commitment to our people is to deliver room to have a great start, to learn and grow, to perform, to be recognized and rewarded, to be involved and to take the initiative and lead.
The InterContinental Hotels Group® properties in Dubai Festival City consist of four hotel brands. These include the luxury brand InterContinental, the superior upscale Crowne Plaza, the lavish long-stay InterContinental Residence Suites and the vibrant mid-scale Holiday Inn. In addition to over 1000+ bedrooms, the four properties boast a selection of high quality restaurants and bars, an impressive 3,800 square meter Event Centre across two levels, the 5,000 square meters Festival Arena by InterContinental, the luxurious Spa InterContinental, state-of-the-art gymnasium and swimming pool facilities. We are looking for people who are friendly, welcoming and full of life to people to join over 900 colleagues who are always finding ways to make every guests experience an enjoyable one. We value the passion and enthusiasm of our colleagues, and encourage you to share your passion when you work with us.
A little taste of your day-to-day:
- Sell the InterContinental Hotels Group products and services using up-selling and suggestive selling techniques.
- Promote the Hotel’s (and IHG DFC generally) products and services.
- Maintain a high level of product and service knowledge about all IHG DFC Hotels in your region.
- Develop and maintain a regular pattern of sales calls.
- Record and process reservations made by phone/fax/email.
- Process amendments to reservations such as extensions, early departures, etc.
- Record special billing arrangements for groups and conventions.
- Liaise with Front Office Manager or Finance Manager for all reservations requiring credit approval.
- Maintain knowledge of special rates/ offers/ promotions.
- Monitor reservation levels and inform Managers of current and future occupancy rates.
- Prepare reports as requested (eg: to travel agents, business houses, F&B, Daily pick up etc.).
- Prepare reservation sales reports.
- Monitoring Web-Supplier extranet and matching all the upcoming booking with opera PMS.
- Following up on traces on daily basis.
- Preparing no show and cancellation on daily basis.
- Charging prepaid booking at the time of reservations with secure pay or manual.
- Performing on daily basis profile check for upcoming arrivals.
What we need from you:
- Minimum 1 year of front office or reservations experience.
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Advanced in writing and speaking English.
- Knowledge of Opera is desirable.
- Knowledge of Arabic language desired
- Ability to work both independently and within a team environment.
- Ability to lead and motivate team members.
What you can expect from us:
We’ll reward all your hard work with competitive salary and benefits.
Join us and you’ll become part of the global IHG® family – and like all families, all our individual team members share some winning characteristics. As a team, we work better together – we trust and support each other, we do the right thing and we welcome different perspectives. You need to show us you care: that you notice the little things that make a difference to guests as well as always looking for ways to improve - visit www.careers.ihg.com to find out more about us.
So go on - show us how your passion and personality are the perfect fit to deliver memorable experiences to our guests.
Don't quite meet every single requirement, but still believe you'd be a great fit for the job? We'll never know unless you hit the 'Apply' button. Start your journey with us today and let's #GoFurtherTogether.