Finance Intern @Hotel Indigo Dubai Downtown
Hotel Brand: Hotel Indigo
Location: United Arab Emirates
Hotel: Dubai Downtown (DXBBP), Marasi Drive, Business Bay
Job number: 103799
A little curiosity can take you anywhere. So, at Hotel Indigo®, we do more than satisfy our guest’s curiosity, we inspire them. Our passionate colleagues help create memorable and unique experiences for our guests; in a place truly connected to the local neighbourhood, infused with intriguing design and local flavours. Where every day brings new discoveries, fresh experiences, and unexpected ideas.
And just like our hotels, no two colleagues are the same. So, we’re curious about you. How will you inspire the eclectic rhythm in our hotels? How will you bring the local neighbourhood story to life? At Hotel Indigo® hotels, we’re excited to meet spirited characters who can delight the most curious guests.
As a Finance Intern, you will get to learn all the elements of the Finance department!
- Learn the IHG policies, procedures and statutory requirements.
- Learn how an overall hotel business works
- Learn about the various revenue and cost centers in a hotel
- Learn about budgeting and forecasting
- Prepare the A&G, A&P reports, keep track of discount cheques
- Prepare invoices for travel agencies
- Conduct menu price test for all outlets.
- POS Key form check
- Participate in par level check and monthly inventories of all outlets
- Coordinate and administer different parts of the Control Self-Assessment audit
- Help in different functions including Purchasing and Store keeping.
- Report directly to and communicate with the Assistant Director of Finance and Business
Support on all matters pertaining to accounting and financial controls.
- Performs any other duties as required
What you can expect from us:
We give our people everything they need to succeed. From a competitive salary that rewards all your hard work to a wide range of benefits designed to help you live your best work life – including a full uniform, impressive room discounts and some of the best training in the business.
Our mission is to welcome everyone and create inclusive teams where we celebrate difference and encourage colleagues to bring their whole selves to work. IHG Hotels & Resorts provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability. We promote a culture of trust, support, and acceptance. Always welcoming different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives.
IHG gives every member of the team the room they need to belong, grow and make a difference in a collaborative environment. We know that to work well, we need to feel well – both inside and outside of work – and through our myWellbeing framework, we are committed to supporting wellbeing in your health, lifestyle, and workplace.
So, join us and you’ll become part of our ever-growing global family.
Don't quite meet every single requirement, but still believe you'd be a great fit for the job? We'll never know unless you hit the 'Apply' button. Start your journey with us today and let's #GoFurtherTogether.